Does this seem legit? Note: I'm a rookie.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dfreeland311
    Participant
    November 25, 2014 at 9:07 pm #68196

So, here’s the deal. I’ve had a pretty messed up dating past. Few bad relationships, gave up for a while, started hitting the ground running. Still have way too much to learn (I’m 30. Never been married…religious guy, christian, no more random hookups…ever (there were in past life but no longer)

Met a girl at a wedding a week ago, hit it off. Had a long, good convo, tons of similarities. The wedding ended and I got pulled away before I could get digits (remember, I suck at this). We were tagged in some photos on facebook together so I shot her a message asking for coffee.

Yesterday she said she’d love to:work’s been crazy, so she’ll get her schedule today (works at a hospital, also very involved at her church). Today she initiated contact saying that the next three weeks are absolutely slammed, but the response still seems very positive. Even said she’s trying to fix her crazy schedule.

Three weeks long enough to be a red flag? Just don’t wanna be strung along

dfreeland311
    Participant
    November 25, 2014 at 9:08 pm #68197

Note: I will also mention that I really don’t have a problem with patience. My other big issue is that I *hate* communicating online with people, much rather meet face to face, so I can’t see an endless facebook chat. I’d rather wait a bit, get a firm date, then meet on an actual date than to spend days being virtual pen pals with a woman.

Tunip
    Participant
    November 27, 2014 at 11:07 am #68261

If she works in a hospital she really might just be the busy, but it’s hard to say. Even though you hate to chat online I would say that that would be your best course of action.