does this sound like a first date????

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

August 22, 2015 at 8:57 pm #84573

I was texting a friend the other night and she asked me to hangout one night while she was dog sitting for someone. she said she would make us dinner then maybe go for a walk at a near by park or something. I’ve had feelings for her for a while now and I’m really excited but i do not want to get my hopes up so I’ve been trying to calm down. i texted her back and “ok its date” with haha and a smiley face. she got back back and said “ok thats fine” with a heart. now that i think about it well i don’t know what to think…..

Anon56
    Participant
    August 23, 2015 at 9:57 am #84586

That definitely sounds like a date. Play it cool with her, though.

darthzaria
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 9:40 am #84628

I think you should probably just be direct and ask her. It sounds like this situation can easily get misinterpreted.

lot89hour
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 12:19 pm #84633

Sounds like it could be a date but play it cool still, access the situation

brightmom
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 7:36 pm #84690

I’m not just going to cook for any guy. If I’m making him a meal it’s because I like him and want to impress him (I really enjoy cooking and I’m good at it). So I would say that it sounds like a date.

Jersey_x3
    Participant
    September 21, 2015 at 10:25 pm #85667

I think it could be something, that sounds pretty intimate. Just get there and be your usual self and access it as the night goes on. Chances are you’ll be able to pick up the vibe

Uncertain20
    Participant
    September 21, 2015 at 11:16 pm #85670

Certainly sounds like a date

Sleepless in NY
    Participant
    April 23, 2016 at 7:31 pm #98606

Sounds like a date to me..

stein
    Participant
    July 18, 2016 at 11:02 am #105588

date

ugh
    Participant
    July 18, 2016 at 3:10 pm #105643
    Reply To: does this sound like a first date????

I would consider this a date. But to be sure you might have to be more direct with her in the future.

dtng
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 7:01 am #110644

totally it sounds like a date

knanfack
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 8:32 am #110646

Do not overthink bro. Just go out to have fun with her. Do NOT think about being in love with her or not. Always let the woman be the first to approach the feeling/romance part of the relation

tyragiana
    tyragiana
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 12:49 pm #110700

Because the reply for “its a date” is so ambiguous she might just be looking for a friend to talk to. Don’t exactly look at it as a date but maybe just a talk with a good friend. Find out why she invited you to the park and listen what she says. Let her take the lead.

Nathan86
    Nathan86
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 11:20 pm #110770

If I were you I would not forecast anything. Just talk to her and you will definitely know 🙂 But it is obvious that she is interested! Go for it.

Nusher
    Participant
    September 8, 2016 at 12:09 pm #110823

agreed, could be but she as above she might just want someone to talk to, have fun and see what happens.