Does this sound like Friends with Benefits or more than that?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• lm0905
    Participant
    October 20, 2016 at 6:38 pm #114826

I am asking for a friend, since she doesn’t want her friends with benefits (FWB) to somehow find out about this post:

So this friend is (I guess?) FWB with her ex from 3+ years ago… Even though my friend believes that they are more than just FWB because of many circumstances:

1. Going on trips together
    2. She has a drawer in his room for her things
    3. Act more like a couple than ‘FWB’… Like if you were to ask anyone that sees them in public (including me), they seem more like a couple than FWB. Like sometimes I see them hold hands, she calls him “babe” or “baby” (and he doesn’t stop her)
    4. Sex is not a main part of the ‘relationship’ (happens once or twice a week and doesn’t happen every time they see each other)

He claims that they’re just “friends with benefits”, but from the outside and to my friend herself, they seem more than that… Almost like he is too stubborn to admit that he has feelings for her again

BabyMonster
    Participant
    October 21, 2016 at 1:39 pm #114902

Yeah it seems more like a relationship. However, if he doesn’t see them as any more than friends, then that’s why he calls this “friends with benefits.” It might seem like you’re in a relationship… but it all depends on how both people view it.

Craftygirl
    Participant
    October 22, 2016 at 7:44 am #114963

Sounds like he wants the entire package without the official commitment.

veo_88
    Participant
    October 22, 2016 at 11:48 pm #114969

Yeah if he explicitly said that I’d say he really cool spiders it friends with benefits.