doesn't like me or hard to get or shy or something

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Milman
    Participant
    August 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm #144396

Hi all, this might be long. I’m just not sure she likes me or is playing hard to get or something. I met a girl online 3 weeks ago about. We have had 3 dates so far, one each Friday. First date was nice, dinner and a movie, I ended it with a hug as I hate to push. 2nd date was also nice, a light picnic and mini golf. Ended it with a kiss finally, although it was kinda ill timed. We talked ( over text ) about it and she thought it was awkward too. 3rd date was much better, baseball game. We cuddled while watching some because it got cold. When we got back to the car I brought up the awkward kiss again and we laughed a bit, she said she is kinda shy. I asked if I could try again, she obliged, this time it was much better, we kissed a few times, all great. When I dropped her at her car we hung out awhile and kissed more and held each other awhile. I heard her wimper during the kisses very sincerely so I thought I was golden. Went home feeling great. Continued in next post…

Milman
    Participant
    August 6, 2017 at 3:01 pm #144397

…Continued

My confusion comes from her texting habits and reciprocation. She texts me almost every morning with a good morning text. After she gets off work they seem to die down and I get long pauses waiting for her to reply, sometimes she doesn’t and says she went to sleep. She hasn’t picked up the phone once when I tried to call her ( 3 or 4 times maybe ). I try to get her on the phone but something always seems to stop it. We have talked on the phone but only when she calls. First time we talked 2 hours, now its usually on her lunch. On the weekends after the dates I hear from her less frequently. She likes to wait forever to text back on my first text after a date. She said she has been divorced for 4 and half years. I have made it obvious that I am interested, she doesnt reciprocate that very much. Our convo is great and we get along super from what I can tell. She said she is going to a car race with a guy she dated last year but said they only really hugged and fizzled out.

caligurl246
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 1:34 am #145503

I may be wrong but take this from a girl who has done similar things before, but it’s likely that she isn’t interested and does this out of obligation. If you don’t feel like she isn’t feeling it, follow your gut feeling.