Don't know if I should just give up

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 9:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sheamarie
    Participant
    August 14, 2017 at 11:35 pm #145489

I was in a 7 year relationship from when I was 17-23. My bf went behind my back and cheated on me for a 3rd time. I was suicidial and lost and I would go out anytime I could just to get out of the house and have that off my mind. I ended up meeting this guy who I extremely attracted to. He reached out to me after meeting him at the bar. He is 32 with a kid but said he hated the mother of his child he only had contact with her for their kid and they never were together before she got pregnant. We had slept together on and off for about a year. He told his friends who also showed interest in me to leave me alone and not try to talk to me. He would call me baby during sex and ask me to come over frequently and to sleep over. I met his mom. Suddenly he cut me off in January and got back with his baby mother. When I would text him he would tell me it was hard for him to let me go but he had to do it for his kid and I don’t know if she gave him a break with child support.

sheamarie
    Participant
    August 14, 2017 at 11:41 pm #145490

I pretty much begged him to see me and that I was falling for him and didn’t want to lose him because it’s hard for me to find someone I have interest in especially after getting out of a long horrible relationship. He told me no and to stop contacting him. Recently he was texting me talking about us sleeping together and asking what I was doing later on that night I know he was drunk at a friend’s. He never asked me to actually come over that night but kept hinting at it. He knows during the time we weren’t seeing each other I had hooked up with other guys because I was single and one of them was his half brother who I only kissed. He flipped out on me saying I have no respect for him and that I’m a dirty girl for doing this and is now not texting me. I still wish I could do something to fix this. Should I just give up or give it some time to cool off not speak for a couple of months and then maybe try again to see if something happens. I really do like him.

JaimeLynn
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 12:51 am #145495

…said after I decided to play a song my sister’s fiance asked me to play on my phone. Apparently that meant I liked him more…to the point of I must want to cheat. Your guy shows the signs. He didn’t want to keep you but didn’t wanna risk you hooking up with his friend. I know it’s hard but I’m telling you now, run for it.

caligurl246
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 1:27 am #145502

He’s going in and out too much, I’m sorry to say this but this relationship will only lead down a more broken path and harm your well-being. Please take care of yourself first

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 12:49 pm #145599

all i had to read is he cheated on you 3X.
    leave him.

JohnJaz30
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 5:44 am #145652

Three times is no excuse. He is playing with your heart. There is someone better for you out there. Leave him and move on. You will only realise that you’ve made the right decision when you meet someone who treats you well. You will look back and have no regrets.

sheamarie
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 10:22 am #145603

Follow up : this guy did not cheat on me my ex did I was starting off my story explaining my dating history before meeting the guy I am talking about in my post , me and this guy never actually dated

Lovingagain
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 1:23 pm #145737

I would give up. You owe it to yourself to have someone without the drama and that finds you important and treats you with respect and without question.

Anonymous
    August 16, 2017 at 2:58 pm #145752

Just give up on the guys, sheamarie!!!You are worth much more. Firstly I would like to say that you should raise your self esteem. Buy books on how to do this. By doing this you will become more powerful and trust me you will begin to attract better guys.

Mizzliz
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 10:33 pm #145828
    Reply To: Don't know if I should just give up

It’s time for you to move on. If, the reason he’s calling you now is for a possible hook-up then it’s very obvious that he’s not looking to have anything with you. As women we must find and discover our worth. In the future meet you somebody that has no connection to nobody from your past. Good luck