Dont know what to do

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Dont know what to do

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:28 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

OnlyTheGhosts
    Participant
    February 16, 2017 at 2:20 pm #127312
    Dont know what to do

I’m new here, and hopefully won’t be intruding. Im 15, black, and very chill. Thats pretty much everything to know about me 😀

I was at a hibachi and grill with my family, and I saw this group of girls a few tables down. My older sister told me to go say something so I did, and gave on of the girls my number. She texted back and it started from there. This all happened last saturday, so I was in a very big hurry to try and move along fast with this girl before someone else took the opportunity to before I did. I didn’t even know much about her, and basically I cringed out and asked her out before i got to knew her. Of course she avoided the question, called me sweet, and the last text i got was on valentines day saying ‘Happy Valentines Day’. No text back since then, after making numerous attempts to try and text back, I dont know what to do? Any advice? Shes 16 btw.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 16, 2017 at 3:19 pm #127316

step back a bit… females don’t go after guys that push push push (they interpret that as being “desperate”).
    So text less. now and then just send a quick “hi.. ” text and see if she engages back. small talk would be good but don’t have a one-way conversation (just you texting and no response).

see how she responds and then respond in kind. ask her about her (people love to talk about themselves so this should keep the convo going a bit). see if she starts asking about you, what you do or did over the weekend, etc.

if/when it’s time to ask her out.. have a SPECIFIC IDEA of a date in mind and “invite her to join you” for that fun thing you probably woud’ve done with out her b/c it was so cool on its own. Good luck!

OnlyTheGhosts
    Participant
    February 16, 2017 at 3:42 pm #127320

How often is every now and then? Every 2 days or so?

fellarella
    Participant
    February 16, 2017 at 8:35 pm #127376

I understand you are young and excited, but you need to slow down dude. I mean you barely know this girl. Take a step back and re-enter the situation slowly. Get to know her a bit — but don’t come on too strong. Clingy-ness is off-putting to any girl — especially if you barely know her. Remember: you can’t force someone to be interested in you. Just relax and don’t over think it.

leon07
    Participant
    February 17, 2017 at 11:24 pm #127526

Relax