Don't Know What to Do with This Guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Oberon
    Oberon
    Participant
    January 2, 2016 at 3:12 pm #90804

I need help!!! I really don’t know what to do.

So three years ago, I met this guy online (on Facebook) and we started talking. He is totally not my type and I never had any romantic feelings for him. Anyway, we started chatting mostly about “naughty stuff” and become great friends. I enjoyed a lot spending my time with him. He lives in another country but we ended up having some “adult fun” together since we were both single. I told him I was not interested in a romantic relationship and he said that was fine for him. After a while it became apparent that he had a huge crush on me. As soon as I realized this I suggested that we should stop “messing out”. This guy is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY sensitive and I did not want to hurt his feelings. I kept talking to him about other stuff and we used to spend like 7 hours a day chatting day and night.

Oberon
    Oberon
    Participant
    January 2, 2016 at 3:22 pm #90805

Soon however things started to become crazy. This person would not allow me to talk to my other friends (even girls), play video games or even manage my Facebook business when I was online. I have several “Facebook Pages” that I do business on and require constant maintenance, but he would not let me do anything. He just wanted to talk for hours and hours. He would not even let me go to sleep. I would say “Hey Mark, I have to go now – Got to wake up early tomorrow” and he would say “Wait – wait – just a second – I got something to show you!” and that second becomes an hour and the process repeated itself again and again until 6:00am in the morning! At the end I was forced to invent that my computer had a “timer” that would automatically shut it off for updates at 1:00am. I really used to enjoy spending my time with this guy but his obsession with “talking” really made me uncomfortable being around him. As soon as I logged in on Facebook, he would want to “talk”.

BruhBruh
    Participant
    January 2, 2016 at 11:39 pm #90813

Hopefully you can get the help you need!

moe01
    Participant
    January 2, 2016 at 11:48 pm #90817

Sounds like this guy is a controlling individual. It’s important to remember to establish boundaries even in friendships. If you are clear about them and they don’t respect them, they aren’t worth your time.

Oberon
    Oberon
    Participant
    January 4, 2016 at 8:14 am #90806

This continued for about 5-6 months. In the meantime, I lost my job and didn’t have much time to spend online as before searching for a new one. Whenever I got on Facebook, he would immediately pop up wanting to “talk”. So I decided to turn off my chat, giving as an excuse that I was working, but that didn’t help! I would comment on a Facebook page or group and he would reply to ALL my comments. Then after a few seconds, he would write in the chat “You on? I need to tell you something!” and he would begin telling me some trivial stuff. In the end, I was forced to quit logging in to Facebook. I stopped doing updates, talking to friends or posting on pages. That was hard to do because I have, or rather had some very good Facebook friends who live overseas and I can no longer communicate with them! In the meantime, Mark found another friend to “talk” to. I and this guy were the only friends he had left since the others all blocked him or put him on their ignore list.

Oberon
    Oberon
    Participant
    January 4, 2016 at 8:15 am #90808

Soon however things started to become crazy. This person would not allow me to talk to my other friends (even girls), play video games or even manage my Facebook business when I was online. I have several “Facebook Pages” that I do business on and require constant maintenance, but he would not let me do anything. He just wanted to talk for hours and hours. He would not even let me go to sleep. I would say “Hey Mark, I have to go now – Got to wake up early tomorrow” and he would say “Wait – wait – just a second – I got something to show you!” and that second becomes an hour and the process repeated itself again and again until 6:00am in the morning! At the end I was forced to invent that my computer had a “timer” that would automatically shut it off for updates at 1:00am. I really used to enjoy spending my time with this guy but his obsession with “talking” really made me uncomfortable being around him. As soon as I logged in on Facebook, he would want to “talk”.