Don't understand this behavior…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

maxie
    Participant
    October 20, 2014 at 7:07 pm #66278

So I registered for eHarmony the other day, created a profile, uploaded some pictures, and have been messaging some ladies. I have been sending messages for open communication, not the regular guided communication. Right now a few ladies accepted the open communication but haven’t replied back – I figure they just aren’t interested. What’s more intriguing, and weird, is there are 8 ladies who haven’t accepted open communication, haven’t looked at my profile, haven’t closed me – but they were all active today.

I just don’t understand. If these girls are active, why wouldn’t they at least look at my profile? I just really don’t understand.

Pasta sauce
    Participant
    October 20, 2014 at 8:18 pm #66280

There’s an anonymous viewing feature for paying members on eHarmony, so maybe they are viewing your profile but are doing it privately. Also, think of how many more guys there are on dating sites than women. Chances are, you are not the only person vying for their attention, and they could be weighing up if you strike them as being worth more effort than the rest. You just have to keep yourself out there!

maxie
    Participant
    October 20, 2014 at 10:48 pm #66283

You think in a few days I’ve run across 8 girls who have all paid for the anonymous feature? Seems unlikely to me. How are they supposed to weigh me if they don’t view my profile?

Alfred999
    Participant
    November 14, 2014 at 3:04 pm #67591

You think in a few days I’ve run across 8 girls who have all paid for the anonymous feature?

You might be surprised; if they aren’t too caring for money they’re probably quite willing to pay the 30 quid for the feature…