Drunk cheated on my boyfriend with someone he knows

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 2:12 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

xodknxo96
    Participant
    April 3, 2017 at 11:32 am #131876

So, to start, by no means am i making any excuses here. I am devastated, even 8 months later. Me and my boyfriend, now of 2 and half years, have been through absolute hell and back. We met right before i turned 18, and i am now turning 21 in 4 months. We definitely weren’t the “ideal” couple, we fought ALOT and did childish things. But now we are as happy as could be and we’ve made so many plans for the future. 8 months ago, a little before my 20th birthday and after a while of fighting, we decided to go out to a bar with one of his friends. We were all drinking, and he was being rude to me the entire night. All in all, him&his friend ended up leaving me while i was completely trashed and this other guy (who he knows) texted me and asked to hang out. I was obliterated and barely remember anything. I let him pick me up& i cheated on my boyfriend, of then almost 2 years. I don’t want to lose him after a drunk mistake, I’ve been so depressed. Never again. Advice?

jess
    Participant
    April 3, 2017 at 2:19 pm #131912

Hey,

do you want to get back with your ex? If so maybe try reaching out to him and see how he responds? Of course he would be affected by it, but try to let him let you speak. If you do love him and he feels the same way, you guys will be able to work it out somehow. Stay positive!

Ale.ravelloo
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 12:44 am #131960

You coild try to give him some space for a couple of days that way both of u have time to process what will happen next. Im sure hes just as devastated as you are but giving him some time to process this will be ideal. After that try reaching out for him and be as open and honest as possible.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 5:14 pm #132083

all you can do is apologize.. do what you can to reassure him it won’t happen again.. and take whatever happens.
    you can’t predict how he’ll take it, deal with it, or how long (just as if HE cheated on you with somebody YOU knew).

so on this one.. you can’t make any demands at any time.. you just have to go with it.. let it be. and decide if his reaction and ongoing handling of it works for you or not.

that’s it.