Drunk confession of feelings, did I say too much?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

papermeg
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 9:57 am #50507

Hi all. So I’ve been dating this guy for a little over four months now and and I have started to have feelings for him. He is very sweet and a really nice guy, but he’s been hurt in the past (ex gf of 8 years cheated) and because of that and his character in general, is not the most affectionate guy, nor does he talk about his feelings. So chilling at his house one night, I had had a bit too much wine (not my usual behavior) I started asking if he considered me his girlfriend, if there’s a reason I don’t know anyone from his life (friends etc) and how comfortable he is if I show how I feel.
    It wasn’t all bad, when I told him I considered myself “his” (lol), he smiled and hugged me, made me coffee and didn’t let me leave like that. The next day he had to go on a business trip and called me before he took off assuring me that it’s only reasonable I have so many questions, since he’s not comfortable talking about this stuff himself. He texted when he arrived and nothing since …

papermeg
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 9:57 am #50508

<continued>…(that was last night). He says I didn’t freak him out but I’m feeling really embarrassed about the whole thing, cause I didn’t want to put him on the spot.
    Was that all too much, or am I overreacting?

jani
    Participant
    April 8, 2014 at 3:03 pm #50760

I think,it was ok,since u date already for a couple of months.it would make me wonder also,why i havent met any ppl from his social life.when you are dating u sure want to know where u stand with the person and if he doesnt open up by himself,i would try it with questions 🙂

wifeyxo
    Participant
    April 9, 2014 at 9:46 pm #50831

To be honest in my experiences, and seeing my friends, when you dating four months by that point in time you’re using the L word or have strong feelings, have met the friends even sometimes family. I think you should respect yourself and discuss your feelings with him, and realize if you both want the same thing, it seems you’re on different page. it’ll hurt you worse in the long run. Sorry if this was depressing just being honest.