Drunk Text Gone Wrong!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Drunk Text Gone Wrong!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:40 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pink77
    Participant
    December 28, 2013 at 3:01 pm #45411
    Drunk Text Gone Wrong!

Hi all! I have a really touchy situation on my hands that I need resolved by the end of Christmas break. A couple nights ago my brother drunk texted my crush(let’s call him Bob) telling him that I like him and he basically asked him out for me. I didn’t find out about this until a few days later when my bro confessed it to me. I was really embarrassed so I texted Bob an apoligy, telling him that all of that was a joke and it wasn’t true. The text also had kind of a mean tone, because I was embarrassed. My bro told me that Bob was mad about the whole situation because he actually did like me until all of this! Anyways Bob didn’t respond to me until three days later. I need to tell Bob how I actually feel because I really like him and I’ve never had a boyfriend and I’m a senior in high school and I want to pursue him! I asked Bob to meet up with me after his response and it’s been a day and no response. Where do i go from here? I need this resolved before school! I have a class with him.

SS
    Participant
    December 29, 2013 at 8:27 pm #45416

Don’t bug him too much, give him some time, if he really likes you, he’ll come around and listen. If all else fails, maybe talk to him in person (as you said you have class together). If you two can’t communicate over a silly misunderstanding like this, then it won’t be a solid relationship anyway.

Crescendo63
    Crescendo63
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:35 pm #45795

Pink, I think your best bet is honesty.
    You like him, and he likes you back. Thus you have very good chances.

Your worst enemy is confusion and misunderstanding.
    Your error was being dishonest, telling him it was a joke (and thus making him think you don’t like him – so now he’s likely confused).

Avoid explanations through texting: texting is terrible for emotional communication.
    Ask him for a talk face-to-face, and then explain everything: your brother’s drunken behavior, your feelings, what you like about him, what you’d like to do.

PS: Do not wait for him to do the first step. After your contradictory communications, he’s probably confused – thus defensive.

I know it’s hard when you’re so young, but usually being yourself is the best approach.
    Feel free to ask me again any advice or suggestion. 🙂

Crescendo63
    Crescendo63
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:36 pm #45815

Pink, I think honesty is your best bet .
    You like him, and he likes you back. Thus you have very good chances.

Your worst enemy is confusion and misunderstanding.
    Your error was being dishonest, telling him it was a joke (and thus making him think you don’t like him – so now he’s likely confused).

Avoid explanations through texting: texting is terrible for emotional communication.
    Ask him for a talk face-to-face, and then explain everything: your brother’s drunken behavior, your feelings, what you like about him, what you’d like to do.

PS: Do not wait for him to do the first step. After your contradictory communications, he’s probably confused – thus defensive.

I know it’s hard when you’re so young, but usually being yourself is the best approach.
    Feel free to ask me again any advice or suggestion. 🙂