Each date is 2 hours long

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2018 at 10:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bassmaster24
    Participant
    February 18, 2018 at 10:49 pm #165822

We’ve been on 3 dates now. Each time about 2 hours in she’ll say something like ‘oh look at the time’ and end the date. It doesn’t matter if its 9pm at night or 2pm in the afternoon. She didn’t have anything planned afterwards either.

She keeps accepting any date I ask her on so I think she is interested. We flirt and have physical contact.

Is this a sign? Am I doing something wrong? We’re both in our early 30s.

uneasy19
    Participant
    February 19, 2018 at 1:41 am #165830

I think the oh look at the time sayings are quite odd. Does she say it at an awkward pause or something when neither of you know what to say? That might just mean she is bad with awkwardness and silence. If its not that, then she really must be not having enough fun that time but thinks it will be better the next time

kdawg
    Participant
    February 19, 2018 at 10:56 am #165884

I dont think you should think too much of it, if this continues after a substantial amount of dates, then bring it up to her.

Frank82
    Participant
    March 7, 2018 at 10:44 am #166969

id give it 2 or 3 more dates and if it is still happening, let her know you would like to spend more time with her and see if she will tell you whats going on. it sounds kinda suspicious.

user1991
    Participant
    March 7, 2018 at 3:53 pm #167000

Enjoy the date, more than focusing on how long it is. If you don’t like it, tease her about it. May be say, this time its not gonna be a football match we can stay longer or something else stupid and cute, girls like that.

But you shouldn’t really focus on that a lot. As long as she says yeah to going out then she likes you.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    March 8, 2018 at 12:53 pm #167064

welll…. maybe she doesn’t believe dates should be longer than 2 hrs – how long do you expect dates to be? 2 hrs is a pretty decent lenghh of date especially early on.

The flirting/affections – does she initiate it or do you initiate it? I’d be curious to see if you DON’T initiate anything at all during the date – if she does.

Also if the date starts dragging at 2 hrs – i find it reasonable that somebody starts callign it off if it gets stagnant. If its’ happening right in the middle suddenly while things are going great and NOT stagnant (don’t count making out yet- because we dont’ know that she actually wants that yet if only you are initiatting it.. maybe she’s the type that feels more embarrassed or shy to stop you if you initiate).

dmwked
    Participant
    March 9, 2018 at 10:25 pm #167165

I agree don’t focus on length of date

Rob Black
    Participant
    March 12, 2018 at 6:40 pm #167243

2 hours is quite long. If she’s a busy person then needing to leave is fairly reasonable. The signs aside from that are good, so I wouldn’t worry