eHarmony site misleading

DATING ADVICE FORUM

eHarmony site misleading

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

unjust
    Participant
    March 19, 2013 at 1:10 pm #26220
    eHarmony site misleading

Read the following, I joined eHarmony put have found that they are matching me with people who haven’t subscribed to the site, only just done the free bit, understandable as it is expensive, but their details are passed on as a match but how on earth can they do this, these matches cant reply and can read any messages…………. read the what wrote to me………… eHarmony word………. Everyone who joins eHarmony and completes our Relationship Questionnaire successfully is first matched as a non-subscriber. We give all of our members the opportunity to experience our successful matching process and therefore, both paid and non-paid members are included in the matching pool. Once a non-subscriber is ready to take the next step and start communicating, they’re required to join the service as a paid member. Also, when you view a match, eHarmony displays that match’s ‘Active within’ information, which tells you how recently that member has used eHarmony. This information can help you determine whether someone is a frequent visitor to eHarmony, or whether they may not have used the site recently and may be a more infrequent user.

scarlettjoe
    Participant
    March 19, 2013 at 2:42 pm #26224

There’s nothing misleading about this. They TOLD you exactly what you needed to know so you are aware of how they match you. If those who are paid are only matched with paid members and those who aren’t paying yet are matched with other non-paying members, wouldn’t you feel like you’ve been left out of an opportunity to connect with someone? They’re basically giving you a heads up, an ego boost if you may, and a fair warning that they’re doing their job bu it’s up to the subscriber if they want to see you or not.

I think it’s enough that they at least tell you Hey we found some unpaid matches, but they still have to decide to pay in order to see you. They get the SAME message, Hey you should consider paying, there are matches that await you! It’s a choice to continue with a service or not, same things goes when someone messages you, you have a choice to reply to them. There’s no barrier here but the PERSON’S decision to further, communication.

slobeachboy
    Participant
    March 19, 2013 at 6:44 pm #26316

Okay, I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that you’re fairly new to the whole online dating thing. Otherwise you would know that this sort of thing has been going on practically since the very inception of Internet personals. Many sites make it difficult or even impossible for you to know who is still an active current member and who is not. These sites need to have a large database of member to attract new members and if you new just how many of those profiles are of people who are no longer active or available you probably wouldn’t sign up in the first place. As for e-Harmony I cant really comment on how they operate as they started up long after I quit Internet dating for good. I do know enough about them however to know they are not for me. I just don’t believe in having some computer algorithm deciding who’s right for me and who’s not. Also, if you have read my previous post on this subject you know that I personally think that the problem with internet personals is that the computer is already doing to much screening for us based on supposedly “important” personal data that we probably wouldn’t even really care about if we were to run into these people on the street. As for me, I just want to see her photos and hear what she has to say and take it from there.
    Anyway, as to the difficulties you’re having I’m afraid it’s just that nature of the beast and if you want to continue trying to meet people online you’re going to have to get used to it.

underthesea
    underthesea
    Participant
    March 20, 2013 at 3:19 pm #26463

Try using a free dating site and you’ll appreciate whatever filters and extra steps eHarmony wants you to take. Believe me, free sites are sketchy.

sammiejones
    sammiejones
    Participant
    May 1, 2013 at 3:46 pm #30193

It’s just the best idea to get you to pa for the services. duh

Stewart
    Stewart
    Participant
    May 6, 2013 at 5:28 pm #30475

This is nothing new. They’ve had a “preview” setting like this for a while. It’s a tease to who else you could be interacting with but it’s like sammie said, it’s a way for people to pay for things and hook them into it. I don’t necessarily agree with the strategy but I bet the bounce rate from the this approach isn’t that high after you hear the hype of how successful things can be for couples and the chances of finding “the one”