Emotional Intimacy/Relationship Insecurities

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BMekaj
    Participant
    April 6, 2016 at 1:59 am #97155

I am a young college guy and I am a pretty confident person. I have been dating a wonderful girl for about 4 months and just recently we became a committed couple. I feel very deeply for this girl but I am confused and vaguely hurt, I am not sure why and I am wondering how I can fix this. I love her personality and I don’t want to change anything about her but I want to know how to protect myself. My girlfriend is very sweet but she is quiet and inexpressive. She does not text first, she has never organized a date, and she is extremely quiet and shy unless I start talking to her. Sometimes she doesn’t seem very interested and I am just not sure why, because other times she seems like she is fairly interested. She also takes many hours to respond. This makes me doubt weather she likes me or not and what I should do? Should I act like nothing is wrong and just toughen up or should I talk to her?

bella2550
    Participant
    May 9, 2016 at 9:04 am #99931

One this I did when I wanted advice for how to talk to a guy you like is look up articles on it, as stupid as that sounds. A lot of the articles I found said to wait a while to text him back so he wants your answer that much more. I consider myself a shy girl and don’t know much about being in a relationship, maybe your girlfriend feels the same. There are so many possible reasons why she acts this way. She could be really busy or have problems at home. Maybe she just needs to gain a little confidence in herself and your relationship. You could try doing something spontaneous like showing up at her house with flowers on a random, non-valentines day, day.