DATING ADVICE FORUM

Evasive about voice messaging and video chat

Author
    Comments

• Benzasatto
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 5:04 am #134086
    Evasive about voice messaging and video chat

Hi, I’ve been chatting to a guy online for three weeks. He has been, what would seem, as very open about his feelings for me. He wanted us to talk exclusively with each other to which I agreed with. We have talked about what we wanted in relationships and he said he was keen to pursue a relationship with me. The biggest issue to that is that we are in different countries but both of us are prepared to see if there is something there first. To date, all conversations have been via text. Last week I told him that I felt I wanted to video chat on the weekend, he said he would love to. Then Friday comes around and I checked in with him about videoing on the weekend. He answered that ‘hopefully’ it would happen. When I asked what the barriers to it would be he mentioned a weekend job that kept him busy. I then said, what if it were just a short chat but he was very non-committal. When I suggested a time to call, he replied he didn’t know where he would be. Am I being catfished?

Mia500
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 8:16 am #134087

I also dated someone long distance, and they were totally open to talking on the phone and video chatting, so do not let someone try to convince you that it is impossible on their end. If he can text, he should be able to call. There are people that use other people for their loneliness, without having the intention of satisfying the other person’s needs. I would say tell him a certain amount of time your giving him, like if we don’t chat within the next few weeks, because otherwise you could be wasting time. Have you seen pictures of him or vise versa?

jj91
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 9:32 am #134094

nowadays it’s not hard to video chat someone. Most people have this on their phone. I would say if he is making it this difficult something is up. If I were you, I would keep my options open.
    Someone who like you will always make time for you. Good Luck!

Sweety
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 11:55 am #136264

Hello Friends, I got a message on what’s app from an unknown number -Washinton DC, first I was not interested in him and later our chat became very interesting and our frequency was matching, during our chat I came to know he belong to same religion and city which I belongs, we even exchanged pics and we were addicted to each other on chatting for 6 months daily for hours and sometimes whole night we use to chat, one day he stated that he got a call from his parents that his father got heart stroke and he is heading to London, even from Miami Airport he chat with me and after reaching London only couple of time they chat and later without any information he stopped messaging me, I felt because his father is unwell he might be busy and sent him an sms and he replied her stating he is busy for few days and even there is no privacy to hang out with me and whenever he is free he will chat with me and now from past 15 days he is not reachable and even he is not available on what’s app.

Sweety
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 11:55 am #136265

Continue:- and not answering my phone, even through my friends i tried calling him and left voice mail but no response, why he changed suddenly we spoke everything about marriage and even he told me in Dec he is coming to India and for sure he will meet me and will work out and plan for wedding, but now he is not reachable. What should I think?? is he fraud?? he confessed many things with me, normally men confesses only with the women whom he loves and wants to marry, what i should think will he come back or he betrayed me, Mentally I am disturbed, Can anyone tell me, when a man confesses to be a slave for a women to obey her command and wants to be her foot worshiper or likes to lick her feet and wants to treat her like goddess and confesses that very soon he will stop smoking and also confesses his every fantasy on lust, does it mean that for lifelong he wants to be with her and wants her as his wife? or only for lust sake he is saying to satisfy himself, suggestions are open.

Sweety
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 12:00 pm #136267

Continue 3:- and more over never he was interested to talk on phone but one day i insisted then for 45 mins we spoke on whats app voice, he use to say when he speak on phone he cannot be the same and he is not prepared, he cannot hook up with me as same as chat. What does this mean?