Everything seemed great until Valentines Day

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

joejoe123456
    joejoe123456
    Participant
    February 19, 2014 at 10:48 am #48004

Here is my issue. I met a girl through an online dating site. We’ve been dating for a little over a month. I was also dating 3 other women before I met her. She’s been married twice and has 2 kids. Her must current ex husband lives 10 blocks away from her and even though they talk, she said they never get together in any way. We went out on a date. We hit it off had and had a great time. Second date was good, though it was a little down at the end when I brought up past relationships. She spoke of some guy she was dating for a year and broke up with 5 months ago. She said it was very hard getting over him even though their relationship was very toxic and all her friends and family hated him. We ended the date a little early because she seemed sad. The next morning she invited me over for dinner and we had a great night(I would consider this a 3rd date). No sex yet, mind you we have been kissing and VERY touchy feely for the first 2 dates.

joejoe123456
    joejoe123456
    Participant
    February 19, 2014 at 10:48 am #48005

I told her I was dating other people and she seemed bothered by that. 4th date we had dinner and went for drinks. It was a little more laid back date than what we were used (I took her out to live music and nice dinners) to but it was nice. This is where she told me she thought she was in control of this relationship. I thought she was joking/playing. I told her I also like being in control so this should be interesting. She began getting a little sleepy at around midnight so we ended the date. Around this time I began to notice she wasn’t very responsive to my small compliments or calling her names like sweetie. She would never reciprocate. 5th date was nice, she invited me over for dinner. We made love, I spent the night. At this point we began texting everyday. 6th date was amazing!

joejoe123456
    joejoe123456
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:02 pm #48007

I had a rough day so I replied “I’m a lucky man to have such a wonderful woman thinking of me.” she replied 🙂 Hope you’re having a nice evening… This got me noticing even more how she still would reciprocate the nice things I would say. I sent her flowers and chocolate via fedex for Valentines Day. She loved them. Valentines arrived and we had plans for her to come to my place and have me cook dinner. She seemed to arrive a little moody. She had just came back from her daughters birthday party, she spent with her father, exhusband and a bunch of kids. When she went home to come here, She said her parents didn’t know she was spending the night here and they made plans to go on some tour of the city the next day. She said she left her house VERY upset.

joejoe123456
    joejoe123456
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:02 pm #48006

I took her to a great sushi place, we saw a fun show, went for desert and ended the night cuddling over drinks at a very romantic spot till 3 am. I told her I “broke up” with the other 3 girls because I knew she didn’t like it and I only wanted to spend time with her any way. Her parents flew in from Paris and were staying at her place for a few weeks, so we went our separate ways. Our 7th date we had a nice date dinner and drinks and ended the night with a couples massage. She loved it and went home on clouds. Valentines was approaching and we already made plans. She had the kids that weekend but her ex-husband agreed to pick them up. Here is where things changed: after work the week of valentines she sent me a text just to let me know she was thinking of me.

joejoe123456
    joejoe123456
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:02 pm #48009

When I had so much planned. After 40 minutes, I tapped her planning on going to bed and told her she needs to change. She noticed I was upset and told me don’t be upset. I said lets just go to sleep. She wouldn’t, we ended up talking and I asked her why she was acting so strange and why she wouldn’t open up to me. She said that’s just the way she was and that I needed to have patients with her. We fooled around then went to bed. The next morning we talked. I told her I’m having a hard time trusting her since she seems to be so secretive about things, I asked is everything ok with us? Do you think i’m moving to fast. She said yes and no, i’m not moving too fast as far as seeing her, but i’m moving too fast as far as getting to know her so soon. She said I need to slow down and not be so pushy about trying to know whats in her heart.

joejoe123456
    joejoe123456
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:02 pm #48010

I told her i’m just going with my instincts and my instincts are telling me something is wrong. You’re giving me signs as if you are not interested in me that much. Well are you? And she said she didn’t know why she was acting this way. She said mybe because it was going so fast and she was still getting over her boy friend from 5 months ago. And I said when you are really into a person none of that matters and you know you are interested. There is no confusion. Then I said I didn’t think it was the best idea for us to be exclusive so early (even though that’s what she wants) and maybe we should go back to dating and seeing other people. She said she doesn’t know if she wanted to date me if I was seeing other people. We left it off there and she said it was time to go. We kissed before she left but I could tell her body language was different.

joejoe123456
    joejoe123456
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:02 pm #48008

She also said she can’t wait for her parents to leave because they always cause her stress. While I was cooking for her we talked because something seemed wrong but she wouldn’t really open up. We kissed and I tried touching her but she pulled my hand away. So i’m thinking, no sex on valentines? I had so much planned…. so after dinner we talked I asked her what she thought about me and she seemed to give negative type answers like I wonder why you don’t have a passport and I wonder what you are like at work. After our talk again we kissed and she said she wanted to hug and touch but she didn’t want to have sex. I found this odd. She then went to my bed and went to sleep. Full sleep… I was just sitting next to her feeling angry. It was only 10pm and she was asleep on valentines in my bed.

joejoe123456
    joejoe123456
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:03 pm #48011

She wasn’t touching me the same way she used to. She was very touchy… We haven’t talked since it’s been 5 days and we were talking every day. I don’t think I did anything wrong so I don’t feel I should be the first to call. Plus she seems to think she is in control so I don’t want to give her any sort of upper hand. I am am hurt by the situation and I do have other dating option possibly for this weekend if I choose to. What do you think?