Ex-Boyfriend hang ups (from her)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:12 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Vigalantejustice
    Participant
    January 13, 2014 at 2:16 pm #45949

Alright, soooo me and this girl have been dating for about 5 months, and long story short, she still is hung up over her ex-boyfriend. Which, is understandable, neither of them wanted to break it off, but the age difference was freaking her parents out (5ish years I think). So that is the premise of their breakup, after that happened, skip forward a month and she starts talking to me, like alot, and we started dating obviously, about 2 weeks(?) into the relationship, she calls it off, says she misses him, can’t be with me when shes thinking of him, bla bla bla… Couple days later, she says she chooses me, and we continue to date, because I’m a sucker who can’t say no to those eyes. So you would think the problem was over right? Nope flash forward to present day, and she still misses him. My question is why? I treat her way better than he did, respect her, have completely given myself up to her. She tells me she loves me but can she if she truly misses him? I don’t know what to do :/

Zeus
    Zeus
    Participant
    January 14, 2014 at 8:45 pm #45991

Unless you’ve been with a person for easily over 2 years, never take the remark, “I love you” seriously.
    One possible reason for “Why” is because he has 5 years more experience than you, and you may be too much of a “Yes” man. These “Yes” guys become boring after awhile.

This is what you do: Start dating other girls. Keep in mind that “Dating” is not exclusive. Exclusivity takes time. Don’t rush it.

Vigalantejustice
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:41 pm #46006

Right, I could see that… What exactly is a “yes” man?

Vigalantejustice
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:41 pm #46007

Right… I could see that, what exactly is a “yes” man?

Vigalantejustice
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:41 pm #46044

All right, I could very easily see that…

Unless you’ve been with a person for easily over 2 years, never take the remark, “I love you” seriously. One possible reason for “Why” is because he has 5 years more experience than you, and you may be too much of a “Yes” man. These “Yes” guys become boring after awhile.
    This is what you do: Start dating other girls. Keep in mind that “Dating” is not exclusive. Exclusivity takes time. Don’t rush it.

Could anyone expound on what a “yes” man is?

foreel
    foreel
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 11:17 am #50968

Just a thought but… Could she have been a virgin when she was with her ex.? Most people regardless of sexual preference tend to remember their first sexual encounter and often form a loving attachment (possibly one sided) that can be very difficult to get over. If you really love her, talk with her and gently find out where her attachment to him is stemming from.

foreel
    foreel
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 11:25 am #50970

“Yes Man” – A counterpart that will agree to *anything* regardless of how crazy or stupid – and sometimes illegal it is.
    (information comes from:)
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yes+man

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by foreel foreel. Reason: more accurate info