Ex, FWB, all good things come to an end

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:57 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Instinct101
    Participant
    September 12, 2014 at 3:09 am #61833

Dated my ex for almost two years. Broke up when I couldn’t find long term motivation to stay with her and moved away for almost two years. While I was gone, I’d made efforts to maintain a friendship cus she’s a cool woman and I’m a lover, not a fighter. I’ve been back for a year and we’ve been regular fwb most of the time.

Anyway, I went on vacation 2 weeks ago. We hooked up a week before I left. Wasn’t likely to have another opportunity to see her before I left, but the day before I did leave, we ended up going to a mutual hangout coincidentally.

I rushed her over because she said she wanted to see me before I left and she was planning on coming to the place where I was finishing up at. She was upset as it turns out I almost didn’t see her and she slapped me really hard on the leg out of an angry outburst in the car.

Two days after I return, I hadn’t a chance to call or see her and she blew my phone up angry I didn’t see her.

I’m about over hanging out. thoughts?

KittyHammer
    KittyHammer
    Participant
    September 15, 2014 at 8:46 am #61933

If you are over hanging out: then let it be done. Unless the time you spend with her is worth it. Just remember: it starts with an angry outburst.

phonicaubade
    Participant
    September 15, 2014 at 9:25 am #61978

I would say run. If you feel compelled to give her the decency of a good bye Jane note, then write all of your past, present, and future thoughts down then do a no-contact. Erase her from your phone and Facebook if you have to. Don’t forget to save photos if there are some fond memories that you want to save. Otherwise ending a relationship because it is doing you a disservice is like quitting smoking. You have to do it cold turkey. If you want to start a new relationship with another woman, the new one would not likely stick around if this current one is still in your life in an unhealthy way. Hope this helps.

– julie

Instinct101
    Participant
    September 16, 2014 at 8:53 am #62005

Thank you. After a couple of days mulling it over, I think I’ve come to the same conclusion. It’s too bad. She’s a smart, strong woman; just incompatible and I’m not worth interfering or changing for. If she weren’t so damned convinced she is co-dependent for happiness, she could be the wonderfully successful woman I know she can be. I hate to be a positive encouragment that she no longer has, but I haven’t felt this personally insulted since what led up to our departing the first time years ago, now. Fooled me once, fooled me twice, I suppose.

Instinct101
    Participant
    September 16, 2014 at 8:54 am #62006

Thank you. After having mulled it over for a few days now, I think I’ve come to the same conclusion. Its too bad. She’s a strong, intelligent woman and my feelings are it isn’t worth my interfering or her changing for. If she weren’t so daggone stubborn about believing her happiness is rooted in co-dependency, she would become the successful woman I know she can be. I hate to be a positive encouragment in her life and walk away, but I haven’t felt this personally insulted since the event that first led to my walking away a few years ago now. It just is too bad. Fooled me once, fooled me twice, I suppose. I will grieve the loss of this friendship.

Thank you again for your thoughts.

chrissdaniel
    Participant
    September 19, 2014 at 7:16 am #62240

Maybe she is a good girl but maybe not the one for you. seems like her personality and your thoughts about the long term doesn’t add up together