Ex Gf of 3 years left, then contacted me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cchance11
    Participant
    September 2, 2017 at 5:48 pm #148041

We were together 3 years. She broke up with me because I took her for granted and got complacent in the last half year. I was selfish. I made the mistake of thinking she would always be there. Sometimes I talked condensending to her and just chose what I wanted to do over her suggestions and she had had enough.

I begged and pleaded but then went hardcore No contact. A month later..

She texted me a week ago “Hey. I wanted to apologize to you and any ill feelings you might have towards me. I should have given you more of a chance to talk and I’m sorry. I hope you have a good senior year and you make the best of It”
    I responded a day later “Hey, thanks for reaching out. There are no ill feelings because I know I did some hurtful things too. I need to apologize as well because I know I was not the best partner and I now recognize where I failed. I did not mean to hurt you in the ways that I did. Hope everything is going good.”

Was this a good response if I want to rekindle?

Patman
    Participant
    September 2, 2017 at 7:06 pm #148043

That’s a great response, you should keep it going and ask her how she’s been and what’s happened since you last spoke, tell her you missed talking to her.

druw33
    druw33
    Participant
    September 2, 2017 at 9:39 pm #148049

it appears she is checking on your wellbeing. I wouldn’t think to much into it, I have an ex that will unblock me to check on me, get my reply and block me again smh…