Ex girlfriend as friends

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Ex girlfriend as friends

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 7:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

zuzubots
    Participant
    April 18, 2017 at 8:16 pm #133606
    Ex girlfriend as friends

I met a beautiful woman who is perfect for me. I’m 60 she is 50. She’s a widow whose husband died 5 years ago. I’ve been divorced for over 27 years. She met her late husband when she was a teen, and I was with my ex-wife since I was 17. However since her husband has died she has been in depression and has dated no one. On the other hand since my divorce I’ve dated many women but have remained close friends with only two of them. The relationship I have with these two ex’s is strictly platonic and absolutely nothing more, The one ex I broke up with 22 years ago and the other 10 years ago.
    My new girlfriend and I are madly in love and I’m planning to marry her. The problem is that she’s giving me an ultimatum to either end my relationship with these two ex’s or end our relationship. She wants to marry me and treats me like a king. I see her as my future but I am afraid of losing two of my closest friends. I tried ending the friendships but am having a difficult time dealing with it.

Vicarstar
    Participant
    April 20, 2017 at 12:16 am #133751

It’s no fair for your new girlfriend, and not worth to do this.

leanna5
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 6:16 am #155104

well, nice to see there are guys who like age appropriate women.

JessC
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 11:33 am #155109

If there is nothing romantic going on with your two exes, who are your friends, then I see nothing wrong with you keeping a friendship with them. Has your girlfriend said why she wants you to end the friendships? I’m sorry but I feel it’s wrong on your girlfriend’s part to give an ultimatum about you ending your friendships with these two women. It’s kind of controlling. Unless she has just cause for concern (i.e. you talk to them all day every day, spend a lot of time alone with them, talk non-stop about these women) I don’t see why this is a problem. Do you have other female friends? How does she feel about them? Also, do you refer to your exes as “exes” or as “friends”? Because if you call them “friends” then it shows you just see them as friends. But you if you refer to them as “my ex” then it looks as if you still have some kind of feelings for them. First try to understand why your girlfriend wants you to end the friendships. Maybe you two can reach a compromise.