Exchanging Directories…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Exchanging Directories…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

daisysman2013
    daisysman2013
    Participant
    March 12, 2013 at 6:30 am #25515
    Exchanging Directories…

I have talked my by soon-to-be gf for quite a while, and she has told me that it is not quite yet time to exchange directories (e.g. phone numbers and addresses). When it is time to exchange, should I exchange my parents’ landline since that’s the only number I can give out, or should I find a job and buy a cell phone and airtime card and give her my cell number.
    My parents have told me multiple times not to give out their number due to an incident that happened from 2008-10 with a younger girl from Texas, harassing us, calling here to talk to me 24/7, and engage in phone sex with me.

slobeachboy
    Participant
    March 12, 2013 at 11:29 pm #25623

I told you this before but I’ll say it again. Please make sure that you know just exactly who it is that’s on the other end of that Internet connection before getting emotionally involved. Also, and don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m pretty good at reading people and just looking at your photo I’d say you are just about the ideal target for an online scammer – aside from having no money that is. Anyway, if you don’t have a cell phone that’s fine because you can have real time voice chats online using Yahoo or Skype. You should have been doing that long before now anyway so you can see this person on the webcam and verify that she is the same person as in the photo. If she makes excuse why she can’t chat online with a webcam, or even give you her phone number, then cut off all contact. And whatever you do DON’T send her any money. As for finding a job you definitely need one of those if you want to have a girlfriend.