Extreme mixed signals from a deaf guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

angiskates
    Participant
    January 16, 2013 at 1:58 am #20753

I have known this deaf guy for 30 yrs. we went to a deaf boarding school together that’s how I knew him but over the years I seen him about 10 times and every time we see each other we had the hots for each other but never got together til now . We met on Facebook after learning we both are single … Well here the tricky part he deaf but cannot hear , I’m deaf but I can hear some and speaks very well ..so no phone calls Skype and text is all that we can do he also lives in Arizona and I live in okc and we have texted all day and night as well as Skype for 5 weeks now and the first 3 weeks he constantly texting flirting lots of kisses and hugs texting style and sending pictures and then he send me a goodnight I love you and I was like yes I feel the same way and he even talk about getting married with our parents watching in Hawaii so naturally I love you were a daily thing for us … Stay with me here I know this is long … 1 week ago everything was great until I ask him if this is real the way he feels or if he is playing me .. And I got the shock of my life he responded with … Whoa whoa whoa u need to slow down fast i don’t do fast relationship thingy and I’m like huh? Then why did u say I love you and talk marriage for .. He said when I say I love you I say that to all my friends as a friendship gesture and there nothing wrong with talking about marriage in general . He said we need to start at bottom snail way in deaf term meaning very slow . After that conversation he stop texting me but text me once a day and the spark is gone but he said he still wants to date but very slowly and I’m like well we kinda are going slow becuz we live in different states so we continue to communicate then out of the blue he text me and ask me this questions ” how would u feel if I date someone else ” ? I was stunned and responded that if that’s the case I’m not going to wait for you and I ask why he ask and he said becuz he is curious and I ask him if he met someone and he said know which I think is a lie .. I’m really heartbroken I was really into him . What do you think about this. ?! Help I like inputs and advice

angiskates
    Participant
    January 16, 2013 at 2:00 am #20754

I have known this deaf guy for 30 yrs. we went to a deaf boarding school together that’s how I knew him but over the years I seen him about 10 times and every time we see each other we had the hots for each other but never got together til now . We met on Facebook after learning we both are single … Well here the tricky part he deaf but cannot hear , I’m deaf but I can hear some and speaks very well ..so no phone calls Skype and text is all that we can do he also lives in Arizona and I live in okc and we have texted all day and night as well as Skype for 5 weeks now and the first 3 weeks he constantly texting flirting lots of kisses and hugs texting style and sending pictures and then he send me a goodnight I love you and I was like yes I feel the same way and he even talk about getting married with our parents watching in Hawaii so naturally I love you were a daily thing for us … Stay with me here I know this is long … 1 week ago everything was great until I ask him if this is real the way he feels or if he is playing me .. And I got the shock of my life he responded with … Whoa whoa whoa u need to slow down fast i don’t do fast relationship thingy and I’m like huh? Then why did u say I love you and talk marriage for .. He said when I say I love you I say that to all my friends as a friendship gesture and there nothing wrong with talking about marriage in general . He said we need to start at bottom snail way in deaf term meaning very slow . After that conversation he stop texting me but text me once a day and the spark is gone but he said he still wants to date but very slowly and I’m like well we kinda are going slow becuz we live in different states so we continue to communicate then out of the blue he text me and ask me this questions ” how would u feel if I date someone else ” ? I was stunned and responded that if that’s the case I’m not going to wait for you and I ask why he ask and he said becuz he is curious and I ask him if he met someone and he said no which I think is a lie .. I’m really heartbroken I was really into him . What do you think about this. ?! Help I like inputs and advice

angiskates
    Participant
    January 16, 2013 at 2:01 am #20755

Sorry I send twice .. Lol