Extremely Nervous to Meet New Guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BexSanders
    BexSanders
    Participant
    December 3, 2015 at 10:02 pm #89420

So, here’s my story: A week ago, I reconnected with an acquaintance through Facebook and we got to talking pretty steadily. We remember seeing one another around at mutual friends houses a few years ago (we’re both only 25) but we’ve never hungout on our own. Nor have we talked much aside from the chatting at the friends houses. Through this last week, he has been so incredibly sweet, a real gentleman. He’s adorable and has a hold over my thoughts right now. We now have planned to meet this coming Saturday, despite that he lives 80 miles North of me. My only issue is that I have image issues. With myself. I’m not a huge girl, somewhere around 200-210lbs. He’s fairly fit. Not like athletic or anything, just skinny. Average, I suppose. I assume he’s seen pictures of me on Facebook (besides selfies. I’m talking like, real photos. That show your body and whatnot) so, I assume he knows what I really look like. Extreme anxiety. I guess I need some confidence tips or something like that..

maybeangels
    Participant
    December 17, 2015 at 5:48 pm #90230

Own your curves. I am the same weight as you at 5’4″. I have recently put my height/weight on a dating profile, but with no picture. I have gotten many responses from fit, Athletic men who say they like fluffy, curvy, busty women who are not stick thin. My most recent LTR was with a bodybuilder who I outweighed by 30 pounds. He made me feel like I was the most luscious woman on earth. Everyone has their own taste. I surely know I should lose at least 50 pounds to be healthier. While that work is in progress, I still accentuate the features that this extra weight gives me – – voluptuous breasts, curvy hips, and miles of rear end. I smile, make eye contact, and let them get to know the real me, because that is where the where real beauty lies anyway. Once we have made that connection, how I look is not that important anymore. He already knows what you look like. Go for it with confidence, girl!