Extremely Shy or Playing Me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DerekSmalls
    Participant
    April 6, 2015 at 4:37 am #76717

I met a girl (22) about 3 weeks ago. We have gone on 3 dates now spanning a whole week from each other. I have been a gentleman the whole time as I know she is super shy and has informed me she’s never done any of this dating stuff before. When we hang out she seems really into me and I catch her staring long and hard at me and when she gets caught she’s quick to turn her head. Well when it comes to texting/calling she becomes very hard to get in contact with, so I just assumed she either wasn’t interested or there’s some one else. I played the NC rule and after a whole week she sent me a text that is word for word “For someone you can’t stop thinking of, you do a horrible job speaking to”. After a few texts back and forth we met up and hung out that same night. I laid it all out there and told her I really like her and I’m in it for the long run. The night went well in my opinion. Well it has been 2 days of me trying once again to contact her with no response. What’s her deal?

maxwell6394
    Participant
    April 6, 2015 at 12:42 pm #76737

Frustrating isn’t it ? And it does not get any easier as you get older either. At 45 I’m going through the exact same thing you are. We spend an evening together and everything goes spectacularly but then for the next couple days either I can’t get ahold of her or when I do she is kind of cold and / or distant. So I just lay off and after a few days she’s contacting me with “hey , I really want to see you , I miss you….etc…etc”. A couple of theory’s I have are 1) Women love that feeling they get when they first start dating. You know , that whole can’t stop thinking of you , the excitement , etc…so I sometimes think as a way to prolong that feeling they maybe try to stretch out the beginning part of a relationship by avoiding contact for a few days so that the next date kinda feels like the first. 2) They are playing hard to get. They want the man to work at it a little bit. If you give up because they aren’t returning your calls right away , in their mind your not worthy.

DerekSmalls
    Participant
    April 7, 2015 at 4:09 am #76764

Hey thanks for the quick response. It is hard and I know how you feel. Everyone keeps telling me to just move on but I can’t stop thinking about her. This is day 3 and still no response. Maybe I came on to strong? Everyone says that me telling her I liked her was a bad move but I choose not to believe them, I feel that it’s best to let the girl now how I feel so she knows. Again, I never let girls take control of my feelings but this girl did a hell of job at messing with emotions. Should I play the NC rule again?

Anonymous
    April 7, 2015 at 5:37 am #76767

🙂

mikeymike09
    Participant
    April 11, 2015 at 7:31 am #77080

I’m in a very similar situation currently. It’s very difficult. I think if you like this girl you should call her and lay it on the line one last time. Tell her you really like her but your confused as to whether your just friends or possibly something more try to invoke a response. As they say nothing ventured nothing again. This way you’ll know for definite where you stand. Good luck!