Facebook/twitter/other social media.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Brian12
    Brian12
    Participant
    November 30, 2012 at 12:33 am #17718

Have any of you successfully set up a date or a meaningful relationship through facebook or twitter?

I’ve been looking through some of my friend’s friends, and I see that they have a lot of single female friends. Perhaps I should try to capitalize on this opportunity? What do you all think? How should I go about using facebook or twitter to find a date?

Catalyst68
    Catalyst68
    Participant
    December 6, 2012 at 9:58 am #18298

I’d be careful with trying to meet people on Facebook because I think a lot of people have the idea that it’s just a platform to socialize with friends. I’ve never seen an add or any reference to “meeting the love of my life.” I however, have had a girlfriend mention there was a guy she knew who was interested in talking to me after seeing my pictures so from there we all met out for drinks and eventually added each other on Facebook. It started with a lot of Chat and messaging until we decided to meet in person.

All in all, ask for a friend to get you to meet someone. Messaging someone to meet up is too bizarre, although we’ve seen facebook erupt to a “public” site, we somehow still fell like it’s a private bubble we should only “approve” people to join.

underthesea
    underthesea
    Participant
    December 7, 2012 at 10:52 am #18375

I agree, Facebook isn’t the right place to meet people. We’ve been using social media as a way to “search” people. It’s almost like a reference point to get to know someone.

Although facebook screams, Hey look at me! people still don’t want to be bothered. It’s like we’re all sorority girls prancing around with our glamorous lifestyle but get offended if someone tries to buy us a drink.