Fantastic First date… now mystery?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jillybean3
    Participant
    September 24, 2013 at 1:39 pm #39697

I met this gentlemen on Match.com. We spoke for a week via text & calls & decided to go out Saturday evening. He set all the plans up & surprised me. We first went to this local brewery, where we quickly realized how much we have in common & clicked so well together. We laughed the entire ride to the brewery & made jokes the entire time. Nothing but laughs, smiles & charming little moments that made my knees weak. I’ve truly never clicked this way with any man before. He was a formal married guy, 2 years younger than myself (so 26) & use to be in the military but now works for the government. Then from the brewery, we went to a local comedy club, where we both, at separate times got pulled on stage. He was such a good sport about it & just kept me smiling & I made him smile too. He kept telling me how amazing this date was going. After the comedy show, we did midnight bowling, which was fantastic because we both were terrible but both very competitive. When I made a strike he grabbed my waist & went to hug me, but I was so alarmed by that that I pushed away. He apologized & I said it’s fine, I didn’t realize you were so excited for me making a strike. I should mention, during the comedy show, he never grabbed my hand, but he would touch my arm or shoulder with his hand. And when bowling, I did the same for him & even asked him to show me how to properly bowl. At the end of the night, he walked me to my front porch & kissed me good night with a very innocent kiss. Then as I went to close the door, he said “Hey, this was the best date ever.” I smiled & said I think so too, then closed the door. When he got home, he texted me that he made it home safely & he had a blast on the date & he was looking forward to future dates. Those are his exact words. Now, I have to admit, I’ve gone on several dates off this site & I’ve had horrible luck. But this guy was awesome & I hate to give this so much power over my thoughts, but I’m confused. Here comes the confusing part, during the date there was 2 times where I mentioned a possible 2nd date & he finally said why do you keep asking about this 2nd date? I didn’t know how to answer that on the spot, so I said I’m just looking forward to one if it happens. He did say in some words there will be a second, or so I’d like to think that’s what he meant. Also there were 3 times where he asked me what am I looking for exactly on Match? I kept saying I’m not sure. Just being open minded. But finally after the 3rd time he asked, I finally said I want a serious relationship eventually. He smiled & said me too! So now back to Sunday, he texted me Sunday off & on & later that night he said he was going to his friend’s house to go watch the football games & could he call me when he got home? I said yes, you can call & have a good time! He never called… Today is Tuesday & I texted him once yesterday to have a good day, but nothing. No response & now I’m confused. I’d like to think he’s busy with work or stuff around his house. But my question is, if a date goes this well, what are the chances of a second one & now this silence? Do I text him again? I don’t want to come off needy of course, but I also don’t want to lose contact with him because he was so wonderful & we both had a great time together. I’m very confused & I’m hoping someone can help me numb my wild racing mind of this.

joedirt
    joedirt
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:14 pm #40036

it could be anything really. he could’ve been pretending that he had a good time he could’ve actually been busy maybe he doesnt want a relationship. maybe something serious came up like a family emergency. maybe he’s scared of how he feels about you. You’ll never now unless you ask. Good luck!

ShoehornHands
    ShoehornHands
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:25 pm #40072

i would give him the benefit of the doubt until you know for sure what is going on. he could be hesitant about getting too serious since he was once married and maybe the possibility of a second date is causing a reality check.

Or he is a secret agent for the government and he is currently saving the world 😉

onlinegirl
    onlinegirl
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:26 pm #40074

it could be anything really. he could’ve been pretending that he had a good time he could’ve actually been busy maybe he doesnt want a relationship. maybe something serious came up like a family emergency. maybe he’s scared of how he feels about you. You’ll never now unless you ask. Good luck!

This isn’t very helpful! Why do guys have to be so weird? Why can’t they just say how they feel or what they want instead of disappearing?

I’d say move on and find someone whose honest.

Genni
    Genni
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:30 pm #40070

I think he might be looking for more. If you’re on Match, you should be sure what you want. Take some time to figure out what you want. Learn what you would like to get out of going out with guys. Guys like girls that know what they want, and he needs to feel like you want him. Call him up and make plans for a fun date that he will not want to miss.

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:37 pm #40088

Text him this weekend if there is still nothing then move on.

jillybean3
    Participant
    September 27, 2013 at 8:05 am #40135

So after horrible advice from my guy friends who said he’s not interested, I decided Tuesday night to call him & ask, if it was such a great date, then why just disappear. So I talked to him & he said remember I told you this week was going to be busy for me because of the government shut down & fiscal year stuff. I told him well hey, if you ever want to meet up again, text me. He quickly said No I want to go on our second date. How’s next Monday or Tuesday for you? So I think I did the right thing by making the first move to show I’m interested. I haven’t texted nor have I called him since Tuesday, so I’m letting him make the next move. Thank you so much for the advice guys & gals! Fingers crossed!!!!