Feelings for best friend… don't know what to do

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

detroittomiami
    Participant
    June 8, 2016 at 12:50 am #102434

A guy in my PhD program and I have been good friends for 2 years. (I’ve liked him since I first met him). Up until a year ago he was engaged when it ended badly because of the woman. About 2 months ago, we started up a fling. From the beginning he said he didn’t think he would ever be ready to be in a relationship again. However, the more we hung out the more he would open up with me (he’s a very reserved, shy guy) and the more he would talk with me about very private things so I began to hope. About a week ago, we decided to end things because I admitted I had feelings and he said he hadn’t changed. We still hang out like we used to and talk all the time but I still have feelings for him. I value our friendship and don’t want to lose it but I have to admit I want more. Our relationship was never just sexual and we still talk/hang out all the time so should I give up hope? Should I be happy with being friends for now and hope for more later? Should I give up completely and move on?

Dieselnut03
    Participant
    June 8, 2016 at 2:24 pm #102492

Sorry