Fell in love with an older girl, how should i ask her out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

axelsson
    Participant
    May 1, 2015 at 2:07 am #78235

Hello,

I would kindly ask you for some advice. I am 21, graduating college in 2 months, top of my class. 7 months ago, I started an internship at my college, in the administrative department. There I met this girl, so beautiful I can’t even describe her, and turns out, she is very smart too. The only problems, she is 28 and I am incredibly shy with girls.
    She is kind of a mentor to me, and I am her personal assistant. We became good friends, and we chat and joke around a lot too. She is single, haven’t had a boyfriend for at least 4 years now and never talks of guys. (I found out about her single status from a friend). I wouldn’t dare making a move while still working there, it would make things awkward. Sometimes she is distant with me, other times close. I can’t read signals, I don’t know what to understand from this. Sometimes I feel that I am like a little brother to her.

I am leaving the office in 2 months time, for a Big4 accounting firm. What should I do?

axelsson
    Participant
    May 1, 2015 at 2:10 am #78236

Extra info: she goes on holidays alone, lives alone, and her Facebook is full of photos with girls. The other colleagues never tease her regarding guys and dating. Maybe they know sth I don’t? I find it incredible that no one hit on her in the office in the last 7 months. But I wouldn’t dare and ask them if she swings both ways.

Kennedies
    Participant
    May 6, 2015 at 3:41 pm #78521

In your last week on the job, tell her how much you’ve appreciated getting to know her and that it will be sad to go. After that, plain and simple, ask her if she’d be interested in getting drinks with you. Definitely wait until you are on your way out to ask though. Although from the sound of it, if she isn’t down, she’d probably just think it was cute you asked and laugh it off. It is the only way to know if she is interested and could think of someone younger than her as a potential date. As long as you are nice about it, it won’t blow up in your face. You have nothing to lose.