Female having trouble finding a date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

alittlelost1
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 12:41 pm #60437

I am a 28 yr old female, recently single. (Yes, I realize I put this under men’s topic but that’s because I want men to answer as it may be more beneficial) I am told by all my friends, male and female, by strangers and acquaintances that I am beautiful, yet when I go out, I rarely get approached by men.I just went out last night…. Caught several guys starring at me, but not a single one ever tried to talk to me. I want men to come talk to me. I want to start dating again but I don’t know how to meet men or get them to approach me. What am I doing wrong!?

duhzirez
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 3:51 pm #60439

Honestly, you’re probably looking for dates in the wrong place. The bar or the club is by no means where you want to find a boyfriend. Those “men” are looking for a hookup. If you are looking for someone to date, then go somewhere else, such as a coffee shop or another local social venue. Do yourself up nice, but don’t over do it. Don’t walk in with a miniskirt and heels, but dress nice. If you happen to catch someone staring, you approach them. Just as much as women like men to approach them, guys like it too, especially if they’ve been caught looking. Hope this helps! Good luck to you!

dmj106
    dmj106
    Participant
    September 2, 2014 at 8:47 am #60463

One problem that I have big time is that I’m very shy and struggle with approaching girls. While I may see you somewhere and think you are very attractive, I would unfortunately probably feel like I’m only going to get shot down if I did approach you to ask you out. I don’t see any problem with you meeting a guy half way. If he appears interested, go up and talk to him. There is so much pressure on men to make almost all of the advances, so when a girl shoots back some feelings of interest, it really makes both parties much more confident.

dmj106
    dmj106
    Participant
    September 2, 2014 at 8:47 am #60464

One problem that I, as well as other men, have is that we can be a tad shy when it comes to approaching women (ESPECIALLY attractive ones!). I know for me that there is always this sense that I’m going to get shot down if I were to ask someone out. I think it would do you and the guy of interest both a lot of good if you meet him halfway. If you see he is interested, go up and talk to him. Try to get some good dialogue going with him to see how he acts and whether he’s really interested in you or just a one-night fling. Men have a lot of pressure on them to ask women out and to be suave about it, so I think that it can make both parties more relaxed and confident when a woman is able to meet a man halfway!

alittlelost1
    Participant
    September 3, 2014 at 8:50 am #60553

Thanks guys! I will take the advice and try meeting guys at new places and attempt to approach. I wish more guys would just try…. I’m nice, even if I didn’t go on a date with someone I’d be totally willing to be friends!