DATING ADVICE FORUM

Fight for love or leave her?

Author
    Comments

• husky2798
    Participant
    August 5, 2016 at 4:37 pm #107686
    Fight for love or leave her?

so me and this girl started dating a couple months ago and dated for 2 months during school when we say each other every day. she then broke it off with me three weeks into summer saying distance was too hard (which i agreed since we only got to see each other one every two weeks due to work) and she has commitment issues. we then decided to be fwbs since it was less commitment for us both. we did that for a month and a half before i realized i was in love with her and couldnt just be friends. i told her this a couple days ago and she said she knew all along but just isnt ready for a relationship emotionally since shes been hurt so many times. i know she isnt making excuses because i know how badly shes been hurt by her exs. my question is, should i continue to fight and show her i wont hurt her and i love her and that she can trust me or should i back off and try to get over her?

Louie97
    Participant
    August 5, 2016 at 6:30 pm #107709

if she’s that amazing that you’ve fallen in love with her…I say fight for love. Show her that you are different from the guys she dated in the past. All the best to you 😀

Pinkpeach
    Participant
    August 7, 2016 at 8:50 am #107729

I think you should try work it out. Give her some time and she’ll slowly start to realise what she’ll miss out on if she loses you.

Peoplescare
    Participant
    August 7, 2016 at 10:16 pm #107745

She has probably been hurt in the past because she falls for a certain type of guy. You can tell her you love her and would never hurt her until you are blue in the face but this will do nothing to convince her to fall in love back.

You need to be a little bit challenging to her in order to peak her interest. You need to emulate the bad boy qualities of the exes that hurt her without actually being a bad boy.

You believe her when she says she is not ready for a relationship but trust me if you keep professing your love for her and pose no challenge, she will soon be in love with some guy who is a jerk and is willing to hurt her.

Woman say they like nice guys, well I don’t think that’s true. They don’t like Jenks for long either. What they do like and what they do respond to is confidence and challenge.

Good luck

leofcb
    Participant
    August 9, 2016 at 4:15 am #107794

This is tricky.

You wait and stay all because you love her. Well, the truth is that in spite of being hurt in the past, if she really did have feelings for you, she would jump out of her comfort zone. I speak on this from experience. I was in that same situation as you. She eventually started to see me as worthwhile and started making an effort in doing things for me and challenging herself more for me.

The thing is you staying is putting yourself out there for getting majorly screwed over. It sounds like she isn’t putting in your effort and you’re more into it than her.