Finding a great boyfriend…not at the bars!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• fool4luv
    Participant
    October 2, 2016 at 10:14 am #112928

So I am an older guy, 50. I am successful, in decent shape, have a great sense of humor, and know what I want. My dilemma is where do you meet decent guys? I am in Central New York. It seems like the only places people ever talk about meeting is at bars. I don’t like them and my type doesn’t either. I tend to be attracted to Asians. I have everything together on my end! I just can’t find anyone. Any suggestions on where to look? Dating sites suck! Apps? They do too. And I don’t feel like settling, just to be with “someone”. I prefer to find happiness. Help is appreciated!!

dreaz
    Participant
    October 2, 2016 at 5:24 pm #112951

Trying new things sometimes allows you to meet people. Such as taking a class you are interested in at a cummunity college or Rec center such as art, cooking, anything. Instead of a bar try going to a music venue, see a band you like, a concert or a sports game with a guy friend. Continue with at least one dating site while you do these things so it’s less of a commitment and more of a fun thing you check in on once awhile. Ask a trusted person if they think your profile pic and info displays a fair and attractive side of you. Most of all, get out there. Try a new coffee shop and if that girl is cute with no ring lol don’t be afraid to say “hi” or “what drink did you order I need to try something new” lol! there’s nothing better than a man who can make the first move. Good luck!! “