Finding short term relationships/casual sex as an introvert

Author
    Comments

• Rosenkavalier
    Participant
    September 17, 2016 at 1:54 am #111738
    Finding short term relationships/casual sex as an introvert

Hello,

As it stands, I’m mainly interested in finding a short term, not too serious relationship with a woman and/or casual sex. The trouble is, I’m an introverted, intelligent, cultured, and courteous person, and am not an asshole, which means I don’t fit in with the club/bar crowd. I’ve tried numerous times to accustom myself to the nearby bars and clubs where young people (I’m in my mid 20s) fraternize, and mostly they seem to be places where aspiring guidos can go get sloshed and punch each other, and the women mainly seem to be looking to hook up with the cast of Jersey Shore. To date, no amount of alcohol has enabled me to truly acclimate myself to that environment.

Now, it goes without saying that propositioning strangers in the library or bookstore doesn’t seem like a sound idea. So, does anyone have any ideas for how an introverted guy to meet women looking for the same thing as me? Venues, approaches, etc.? Thanks.

Coconutty
    Coconutty
    Participant
    September 19, 2016 at 8:43 am #111743

Online dating. Find a local website like plentyoffish or tinder and be sure the women know youre interests are not to be in a relationship but just to have a good time.