First date help?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

First date help?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Thatone12
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 4:22 am #126630
    First date help?

Hello everyone, I am just going to jump right into this.
    So there is this girl who I’ve known for around three years and we’re starting to like each other. So I’m going to ask her on a date.
    I am only in high school and can not yet drive so I am stumped on what to do. (almost 17)

She is about to preform in a play and I’m going to see it, it’ll end around 8pm and I want to do something with her then, because she’s free and we would have a lot to talk about.

Is this a good time for a “date”?
    If so, then where should we go? And what should we do?
    (note that walking to a destination is fine, but I also have a family member which she knows well who can drive so it’s not awkward)
    If it’s not a good time, then when should I ask her out, and again, what should we do?

Sorry it’s a lot to ask for, but I am a true novice when it comes to this.
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
    -cheers

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 9:12 am #126641

This is difficult, because of your age.

Usually, late evening is exactly the time you want. It’s peak time. I’d suggest taking her out for drinks, and maybe she spends the night.

I’m thinking back to my first proper girlfriend when I was 17. She would act in productions too. And hanging around waiting for her to finish lowered my value, somewhat. It felt like I was her lackey or something.

Probably better to arrange it for a different day. Take her out around town. I took my first girlfriend around London often.

Grab some coffees, and sit in a scenic park. Go for the kiss. Dates shouldn’t be very expensive – especially early on.

Have fun.