First date ideas? (hear me out)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 11:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

foothorski27
    Participant
    April 9, 2018 at 7:39 am #169922

Okay, so I’m a 20 year old guy and I just got asked out by a GIRL.

I haven’t dated for a long time so I’m pretty rusty at this.

We met a few months ago at a school event and she contacted me out of nowhere and after a few weeks of chatting she asked me out. We still don’t know where we are going for the date.

I don’t know her very well so I’m really worried that if we just went out for a dinner we’re gonna have nothing to talk about :/

What would you guys suggest for our first date? Should it be super romantic? Or maybe we should keep it chill to get to know each other more?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  foothorski27.

tomfester
    Participant
    April 9, 2018 at 11:51 am #169927

Hey, first dates are always stressfull, i feel you! but in my opinion a first date should really be to get to know eachother a bit better. nothing to fancy nothing to romantic. i’ve been on many first dates, what i like to do is just take her out for some drinks. Go to a cosy bar and try to get to know eachother. if there is chemistry there will always be something to talk about so don’t worry about awkward silence.

You shouldn’t be overthinking on this one, she asked YOU out, so she’s definitely interested in you. she wants to get to know you better, so she will definitely ask a lot of questions.

Just don’t worry about it too much, it’s your first date with her. if you stress too much about the fact that there will be nothing to talk about. Chances are it might happen. So dont worry, be cool, be yourself! and just have a nice time together

Cheers
    Tom

Chili_Bean101
    Participant
    April 9, 2018 at 8:40 pm #169955

Hey, it you are having troubles finding an idea that isn’t too romantic, you could honestly just go out to the park and swing or walk a trail if the have it. It can actually be a really great way to get to know someone. Start out with the simple questions, obviously, depending on how well you know the person you can decide what is an appropriate question to ask her. She is totally into you like @tomfester stated. So don’t worry, dress casual and find a color that makes YOU feel confident. She may even compliment you on it because your body language will come across as more confident. Dress to impress, but don’t over do it. Just for the fun of it, take some snacks or extra cash in case you want to offer her food. Women love a man who’ll show her good convo and then proceed to feed her (convos before eating can help in case you’re like me and don’t talk a lot out of politeness while you’re eating). I hope it goes well for you!