First date questions (in the winter!)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dshw15
    Participant
    December 19, 2016 at 1:16 am #120513

I’m definitely overthinking this being a newbie 18 yr old doing this for the very first time… Background: I have a first date planned with a girl I’ve been friends with through 4 years of high school, we’re both 1st year uni students of different programs, and just finished exams. My two following questions:
    1. It’s in the middle of winter reaching -20 degrees C sometimes and I’m one who always gets cold hands. Say we’re meeting outside, I don’t want to keep my hands in pockets or have clunky gloves on as we walk together, as it seems a little “unromantic” and might keep me in the friend zone.
    2. Since this date is only a few days after Christmas AND her birthday, I’ve gotten her a watch which obviously doesn’t fit inside a coat, planning to give to her at the end of the date. Since we don’t live close to each other, I’ve gotta bring it in a backpack… Is it right to bring a backpack to a date? Also, does wearing it obstruct a hug? Should I bring it in something else like a single strap briefcase?

Ankat
    Participant
    December 19, 2016 at 9:28 am #120528

If it’s super cold out, she probably has gloves on, too. If you’re both in gloves, hold gloved hands if it seems right.. in cold weather, that’s OK. She is gonna wonder about a backpack/bag, but so what? She’ll understnd at the end of the date. Give each bag a test run & use the one that’s less awkward. Good luck!

Dejvid
    Participant
    December 19, 2016 at 7:27 pm #120650

You are overthinking this. Gloves 😀 ? So what its cold mate. She will maybe ask you about that backpack and when she asks you that. Pull out the watch and say it was to carry this to you 😉 thats what I would do. But if you want to give it to her after the date. Say you needed it to carry some stuff from your friends house ( you can always lie to surprise her ) nothing wrong with that.

dshw15
    Participant
    December 19, 2016 at 10:07 pm #120661

Thanks guys that does help clear things up! William I’m kinda new here is there direct messaging? Very curious about your proposal though at the same time is it ok to simply share it here since it likely doesn’t apply only to me?