First date was fantastic, I think. Not sure of the next move… opinions needed

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• Oklahomer52
    Participant
    February 25, 2017 at 5:18 pm #128315

Went on a date with a girl I have always had a crush for last night. We went to dinner and then a series of 3 different bars. The whole night was awesome and she talked most of the time. I can’t speak for her, but the evening was kind of electric. By the end of the evening, I had my arm around her and at one point kissed her on the cheek. She would ask me if I had been to certain places and restaurants and she would say “omg we have to go there”. We went to dinner at 8PM and I dropped her at her apartment around 1AM.
    When we left the last bar and we’re walking to my car, she grabbed by hand and we held hands all the way to the car. When I got to her apartment, she leaned over to hug me goodbye but I totally went straight in to kiss her. She wasn’t expecting it so I kind of kissed her front teeth lol. Anyways, she didn’t reject the kiss, but it was not a great kiss since she wasn’t expecting it.anyways I don’t know what to do next? Call/text… when? Tomorrow? Set up a 2ND date? We were fairly drunk but I really like her and worry whether she feels the same or if it was just fun.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Oklahomer52.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Oklahomer52.

Oklahomer52
    Participant
    February 26, 2017 at 12:41 pm #128329

I ended up texting her the day after our first date which went fantastic. I told her “I has a great time with you last night. Let’s get together later in the week when you are free”

I never heard back from her. I don’t understand. The date ended in holding hands and a kiss goodnight. Now no word from her? Makes no sense to me.

windycity123
    Participant
    February 26, 2017 at 2:43 pm #128336

hmmmmm leave it maybe wait a few weeks try again

boyfromhouston
    Participant
    February 26, 2017 at 4:38 pm #128337

I would def hit her up one more time….just to say whats up.
    If the date really went as well as u say, maybe she was just busy and didn’t have the time to respond.

do u think she would b comfortable with u calling her?? is the chemistry THAT good?? if so, give her a phone call. I personally don’t leave voicemails lol so if she doesn’t answer the phone call, THEN shoot her a text maybe within a week or so. if u don’t get a response after that, then just fall back.
    she has ur contact info and will reach out when she’s ready to.

Daterr117
    Daterr117
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 1:32 pm #128394

This is confusing me too. Makes me think maybe she’s not interested, even if you got cues from her that she was. It’s possible she didn’t want the date to be awkward, so she faked it till the end. It’s a horrible thing to do, but I’ve done it. It can’t hurt to message her one more time if you haven’t already.

tennesee47
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 3:01 pm #128408

One thing is – she is moving across country in August for a new job. Maybe she didn’t want to pursue anything. Also I’m not sure whether or not she has a boyfriend. She def gave the clues. SHE grabbed my hand while we were walking and interlocked her fingers with mine.

My gut feeling is to not message her again. She has my number, and if she wants to contact me, she will. But idk I could be wrong. If I had all the answers I wouldn’t be on here to begin with.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  tennesee47.

Oklahomer52
    Participant
    March 2, 2017 at 12:16 pm #128820

As I mentoned, I contacted her two days after the firat date that ended with holding hands and a kiss. I heard nothing back from her. So I texted her again a few days later – absolutely no response. Nothing.
    I really don’t know what to mske of it. At the very least, I’d appreciate some constructive criticism from her or honesty. What did I do wrong? I’m not overy here crying or anything (I’ll be OK), but nobody likes to be cut off without an explanation. NOT COOL. that’s all I can say.