First date went great, seems preoccupied or distant after though.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Phtgrphr
    Phtgrphr
    Participant
    September 3, 2016 at 9:21 pm #110505

Iwent on a date with a girl I had been talking to for a couple weeks. Hit it off online and in person. We share a common sense of humour, as well as many other interests. We decided to meet at a butterfly conservatory and enjoyed our time there. I had a surprise picnic planned for her after and we sat at a riverside park. Spent hours there just talking and laughing, she said nobody had ever been so thoughtful before. She invited me back to her house, we watched some good comedies and shared a bottle of wine. I gave her a massage, and she invited me to stay the night. We had sex that night, and it was good. We woke up and made breakfast together. Kissed and said our goodbyes. She is a very busy person, and it feels like now (while she still replies eventually) that her responses to me are more and more infrequent. She said she would get back to me about being available for another date the next week. Perhaps I’m just being anxious, because she is really beautiful and we joked about…

Phtgrphr
    Phtgrphr
    Participant
    September 3, 2016 at 9:29 pm #110506

…we joked once about how many messages she gets in a day on her online profile, and how so many people send horrible first messages. That being said, she is contacted by MANY potential suitors, and I think that may be what is making me anxious about this. I haven’t sent her too many messages after, but reinforced that I care, and was playful afterwards. Perhaps she likes me as much as I like her, and is just genuinely to busy until late at night every day to respond. There is also a small distance between us, about a 50 minute drive but we both have cars.

Is she playing hard to get now?
    Is she distancing herself to see if I will act “needy”?
    I have noticed (out of morbid curiosity) that she didn’t log into her dating profile for a few days now, when it used to be a daily thing for her (a relief).
    Perhaps I’m feeling like this because I think she’s perfect in every way and am afraid she’ll move on before we can go out again. My stupid bleeding heart haha
    Thanks in advance

tearsxonxeyelashes
    Participant
    September 4, 2016 at 6:34 pm #110509

She’s probably slowing things down a bit because things moved quite quickly at the start. Look to see if she does organise that date, that will tell you almost all you need to know. That being said dont hesitate to throw yourself out there again and ask her for the second date, but wait and see if she makes the move first. Then you will know for sure if she is interested.