First gay date ever

DATING ADVICE FORUM

First gay date ever

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Crod1219
    Participant
    November 19, 2014 at 6:02 pm #67803
    First gay date ever

I’m a guy, mid-20s, going on my first date ever with a guy. Met him online and we’ve talked a few times. All this is new to me, so was wondering one simple question. When I pick him up, do we kiss on the cheek or shake hands? Maybe give a hug instead? Not sure what is proper. Thanks!

helixpowered
    Participant
    November 22, 2014 at 12:31 pm #67965

It really depends on what feels right. There is no protocol for this. Just be yourself maybe he’ll deside the way to greet you. Take things slow you’ll have a great time. Good luck 🙂

anonymous123
    Participant
    November 22, 2014 at 10:13 pm #67970

As said, it is whatever feels right at the moment. There is no right or wrong way to go about greeting him. Decide what you will do based on his personality and how your conversations online have gone.

leocarter
    Participant
    November 23, 2014 at 7:53 pm #67995

Start out with a handshake and then go for a hug at the end. If he goes for more and you’re comfortable, let him.

stargazer91
    Participant
    November 27, 2014 at 10:36 pm #68267

Personally, I’m a hugger. I feel it connects me with the person I’m with. But like everyone else has said, do what feels right. Most important thing for the night to go well is both of you feeling comfortable.

deeeepu123
    deeeepu123
    Participant
    November 28, 2014 at 12:41 am #68270

Be positive

Anonymous
    November 29, 2014 at 10:40 am #68296

I agree that doing what feels comfortable is key. But as a personal preference I’m a hugger. No one can fault you for a quick, hello-glad-to-see-you arms above the waist hug. If it feels a little awkward, that’s the fun of dating!

kinggyboy
    kinggyboy
    Participant
    January 12, 2015 at 3:07 pm #70337

Just have to do what ever you think feels right.

Anonymous
    January 21, 2015 at 6:35 am #71343

Just be yourself mate, there is no specific protocol as some others said earlier. But do not try to go to bed on a first date. Just try to understand if he just want sex or a relationship. I assume that you are looking for a long term relationship as you want to be careful with every step. If so, make it clear to him by asking questions to know him well.

Good Luck man 😉

ja1984
    Participant
    January 23, 2015 at 9:23 pm #71773
    Reply To: First gay date ever

It’s probably happened by now, but if it hasn’t, I’d probably just do a handshake, since you most likely will not be totally relaxed when you first me in person.