First time in this situation. Advice please?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AkiraYuki
    Participant
    March 14, 2015 at 10:31 pm #75378

So I met with this guy from a dating site, and we hit it off pretty nicely. We even hugged and we kissed twice at the end which I wasn’t expecting but I dont think I was too awkward with it lol. Before we met, he told me that he had to go to court for a DUI. I didnt want to judge him harshly based on that and he told me that he definitely learned his lesson so I was ok with it and wished him the best. He told me how he had 6 months where he couldnt drink. His license is getting suspended but I’m not sure for how long. Would it be safe to assume 6 months too? I want to clarify but I dont want to ask him again. So the only way he can drive is to get a driving permit but he can only drive to and from work.

The problem is that I dont have a car so I’m not sure when and how we can see each other again. So would it be right for either of us to try and date other people in the meantime? I mean I really like him and I’m sure he feels the same since he kissed me so I’m stuck here…

JohnSomebody
    Participant
    April 4, 2015 at 6:46 pm #76686

Well…from what I’ve read from your post…you and him getting together again due to the circumstances can be very difficult especially since you do not own a car. Perhaps you could suggest meeting him at a location that is convenient meeting ground for both parties. Although you are not driving, maybe somewhere that you can get to via public transportation or even possibly getting a ride from a friend to meet with him and have the friend pick you up at a certain time. If he shares the same feelings as you do, then I don’t see where this suggestions I’m giving you would be a problem. I can remember when I was seeing a guy and we both had no cars at the time and we both were staying either at home or with family members. Nonetheless, his family really liked me a lot and insisted that I come and visit him and even spend the night because the house was so big and he had his own quarters. Good luck and best wishes to you!!!

MartialArtist
    Participant
    April 21, 2015 at 8:49 am #77638

Every thing that is worth having is worth fighting for, you have to honestly ask yourself is he wat you want and if so go for it you only live once

thatguycladen
    Participant
    May 12, 2015 at 8:59 pm #78808

I don’t think it’s a reason to stop what you have or are going to have in the future. Personally in this situation I would wait to go further in the relationship until one of you guys are more stable. Talk to him for 6 months and see how everything is once he gets his license back.

thelittleredpoodle
    Participant
    October 9, 2015 at 4:14 pm #86752

I would go with what MartialArtist said: if you really care about this person, you won’t let something as simple as a DUI stop you from going for him. Clearly, I’m not you, but that’s just something to think about.

Anonymous
    October 9, 2015 at 4:28 pm #86753

You have to honestly ask yourself