First time I've been single in eleven years..  help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

First time I've been single in eleven years.. help!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2018 at 5:31 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

HikingGirl92
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 8:25 pm #159769
    First time I've been single in eleven years.. help!

I recently split from my long term boyfriend. One of my friends from work- who has always aggressively flirted with me- went to drinks with me last week. We never text each other but when we see each other the sexual tension is real, so when I ran into him a couple of weeks ago we made plans. So drinks happen and at end of the night he asks if I want to go outside. That’s where we proceed to make out, he felt me up a little but it really didn’t go far. After about 15 minutes he stops and tells me he doesn’t want to be my first after my break up. I was drunk and didn’t push it any further. The next morning left me feeling utterly confused. Two days later I ask him out for coffee, which he agrees to. The day of the date i texted to confirm, he messages back with an enthusiastic yes. Twenty minutes later he asks for rain check, saying he forgot he’s helping a friend move. Is this total bullshit? I’m not good at playing games and do not understand this behavior.

simcain74
    Participant
    December 12, 2017 at 11:54 am #159828

That does sound quite fishy to me to say yes and then ask for a rain check 20 minutes later. I would let it go and if he’s interested, he will reschedule something with you. If not, he was definitely playing games.