fizzle or pursue?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

fizzle or pursue?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rubyredgems
    Participant
    July 25, 2015 at 2:38 pm #83249
    fizzle or pursue?

I met this guy on tinder, he immediately set up a date. Before our date he would text and ask how my day was goign, etc, but no in depth convos. We had our first date over a few drinks and it was great! THen i immediatley left to go out of town and then he did, but the whole time he texted, or i texted, every few days just to see how the other was doing. When we both got back we had our second date which was also great. Third date was a sleep over at his place. afterwards he texted me every few days to keep in touch. we planned a few more outings or sleepovers. then communication started to lessen, but there was still sporadic texting. but he was always very responsive to my texts (and i was to his as well). we hung out some more. i guess my question is, should i just let it fizzle, knowing that whenver i text he responds, and he’s a busy dude but will squeeze me in if i text him last minute for a drink (i.e., the otheday i texted him at 530 for a drink and he said he had something at

rubyredgems
    Participant
    July 25, 2015 at 2:38 pm #83250

….7 but if i coul dmeet at 6 he could do a quick one)…to me that iether signifies that he somewhat wants to see me so he is squeezing me in, or that he knows how to do the bare minimum to keep me hooked. so communication has waned but we still will try to hang out, it’s mostly me initiating though but he doesn’t say no.

I guess my question is, should i just let it fizzle becuase if he was into me he’d pursue it more, or is it worth communicating to him that i’d like to see if we can try to do more dates, etc. because i’m not sure he knows that that’s what i’d like…i’ve been trying to play it cool as well. so risk a potentially awkward convo, or just let it go???

hopelessromantic85
    Participant
    July 27, 2015 at 8:22 am #83260

This ones a toughy….is he really that busy? If he is, then I’d just play it cool and avoid that awkward convo. If he’s into you, he’ll make time. If you don’t think he’s that busy of a guy, I would initiate that convo. Just be careful with how you approach it. most guys are simple so just get right to the point. Tell him you’d like to see him more and that you understand he’s busy sometimes. Good luck! 😃

rubyredgems
    Participant
    July 31, 2015 at 10:16 am #83454

Thanks! It’s hard because everyone says ‘if he’s into you he’ll initiate”…but i don’t feel like it’s alwasy that cut and dry.. or maybe that’s just me wanting to believe that there could be more…