Flakey Girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Flakey Girl

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bigtuna49
    bigtuna49
    Participant
    April 29, 2014 at 1:49 am #51945
    Flakey Girl

Quick rundown of the situation…

Started texting this girl, flirty sometimes, takes hours to respond sometimes, and other times it’s a matter of minutes or so. (same for my responses)

We met for lunch 2 weeks ago. She texted me after and said she had a great time.

I alway initiate contact. She only initiated once out of 8 times, but she always responds.

I asked if she could hang out a couple days ahead of time and she said, “probabblyyy, maybe, i dont know yet.” I said “okay, let me know, i might be available that day.”

The day before the day i asked to hang out she texts me that she doesnt think she can and gives an explanation. I say “fair enough, maybe another time.” She immediately responds, “Definitely another time, please.” We then agreed we would both keep eachother updated on our availability so we can see eachother eventually. (Mind you, I live about an hour away because I’m away at school for another two weeks.)

Continued below…..

bigtuna49
    bigtuna49
    Participant
    April 29, 2014 at 1:55 am #51946

Continued…..

The “please,” response really had me puzzled, because if she really wanted to hang out that bad, she would have moved her plans around to see me.

Since then, we have not really texted much, because I refuse to do the initiating anymore and I am getting irritated with her response timing. I also refuse to give her my availability for a second time. I don’t want to seem pushy or needy. I’m just fine without her. I’ve been very vague and short with her. The last thing i said was “going out, talk to you later.” Maybe that pissed her off. Don’t know why it would.

Yesterday, she tweeted something and i favorited it. Later I noticed that she had deleted the tweet I favorited. Now this is some unusual behavior. I’ve dealt with crazy girls before, but this to me just seemed odd. I immediately deleted her number, and just decided I would move on.

Wondering what you guys think…..

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by bigtuna49 bigtuna49.
    Allison
    Allison
    Participant
    April 29, 2014 at 6:54 am #51948

Yeah She’s defiantly Nuts

bigtuna49
    bigtuna49
    Participant
    April 30, 2014 at 9:16 am #51995

lol thanks allison

sd83
    Participant
    May 1, 2014 at 9:03 pm #52118

“The “please,” response really had me puzzled, because if she really wanted to hang out that bad, she would have moved her plans around to see me.”

This is totally wrong. Would a self-respecting woman, with a life, move her plans around for a person who she is only just starting to get to know? You wouldn’t want to date somebody like that, trust me – they would have no backbone, and always turn into the needy type. it really sounds to me like she is just a normal, busy person. Also you live an hour away, which complicates things in terms of spontaneity.

I say, try to set up one more date with her, in advance. If she blows you off again, then I think you should move on.

Also, if you aren’t really that interested in her (think about this) you might want to move on, anyway.

rollover41
    Participant
    May 4, 2014 at 11:12 am #52160

If she’s give you a valid/considerable excuse then it’s understandable. Sometimes we just end up with lot of crazy things going on in our lives. Don’t pressure her tho. Keep it cool and ask her again later in few days or weeks. If she only giving you few words response and just say im busy then it’s likely she’s blushing you off. Remember nobody is that busy, not even Obama.

aznrice711
    Participant
    May 5, 2014 at 8:49 am #52175

Honestly, speaking from personal experience here… if the girl was REALLY interested in you, then she would not ‘move’ her plans, but instead give you a counteroffer on when she would be available… for example:

“Oh I’m sorry, I’m not free this Wednesday… but next Monday, I’ll be free at around 12 noon.”

And you can safely ignore her tweet that ‘you favorited’… there might have been 12131231 other reasons as to why she deleted that tweet, not specifically because of you…

katherinestepp
    katherinestepp
    Participant
    May 5, 2014 at 6:02 pm #52234

thanks for advice 😛

lrk1203
    Participant
    May 5, 2014 at 11:17 pm #52241

It all depends how interested you are in her. Id give it one last try on asking for another date but it seems like she really isn’t that interested. Her behavior is just weird.