forcing love vs supressing love

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sappygirl2k17
    Participant
    February 5, 2017 at 12:34 am #125739

I have been in a relationship with this guy for 4 months. It has been amazing and I’ve never felt so secure. I recently told him that I loved him but I knew even before I wanted to say the words I love you he wasn’t ready to love me. I took the chance and now I’m in a hole. I have had long conversations to him about this situation. He says that he respects me, I make him happy and I have made his time worth since he’s been in college. But he says he doesn’t want to love me. He’s afraid of his pass reoccurring, of being a douchebag and leaving me like his ex-girlfriends. He says that if he continues to let the love in, he might to something unintentionally unpleasant and will regret. I don’t know what to do. help.

Sue315
    Sue315
    Participant
    February 6, 2017 at 1:13 pm #125827

If he is the “right” guy he will pursue you. All that crap about his exes is all excuses so he doesn’t have to explain that he just isn’t ready yet,for you or maybe for anyone. You are going kind of fast. How do you “love” someone you have been in a relationship with for FOUR MONTHS!?!? Maybe you knew him well before the relationship. Let the man lead and you except or not….he should be the one begging you to stay,making you want it to never end!! Not the other way around! The right guy will make you feel like a queen!!!
    I feel like you should move on,I know from experience that a guy that tells you he doesn’t want to love you,will not. When a guy says something LISTEN!! I dated a guy for two years that told me he wasn’t relationship material. But guys will take what they can get,you will never get what you want with this guy.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 6, 2017 at 2:46 pm #125849

just let things play out. he’s being honest with you so that’s good. he means well and that’s good.
    if you truly have these feelings for him then just enjoy your time with him and enjoy the moments and let it play out.

what will happen will happen and if you just stay in the moment and 1/2 pay attention you’ll both see it coming way before it happens.

good luck.