Friend from 10 years ago, messages all the time.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 4:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lollipop2max
    lollipop2max
    Participant
    July 2, 2017 at 3:46 pm #141230

I have been friends with one of the guys on facebook for years. We went to school with one another during middle school, and we were fairly good friends. My family moved away, and then about a year ago we began messaging through FB. Well, this last year I went out with a few guys, and I would message him and ask for advice etc. he would always give me advice, and follow up to see how the date went. Recently, after I decided to dump the guy I had been seeing two months ago, I let him know like always, since he asked how things were. He said he was sorry to hear that, and that I should never lower my standards or give up. Well, he has begun calling me pet names, which i normally hate. Like babydoll, dear, love, and babe. We have always been friends, but I have not physically seen him in nearly 10 years. He hasn’t dated much, himself. I’m just not sure what to do, I will be moving back for grad school in january, and visiting in August.. Is it possible he likes me, what should I do?

naddie88
    Participant
    July 6, 2017 at 7:31 pm #141387

I think the best thing too do in that situation is just meet in person spend time together and see how it feels. Online chatting can be deceiving sometimes what people write and say through txt doesn’t always come across in person if that makes sense. If you feel like there’s more than a friendship connection with him then I’d be honest and say so, he may feel the same but maybe too shy and unsure how you would take it. The pet names is a positive sign that he’s showin you some sort of affection also. I hope it all works out for you regardless what happens. All the best of luck

July 7, 2017 at 10:11 am #141391

I agree with naddie88. Don’t develop anything until you meet in person. To be honest, I think he’s being a little creepy by using terms of endearment like that, especially after you’ve just come out of a relationship. He should be more sensitive to your situation.

I wasn’t surprised to read that he doesn’t date much. He probably sees you as one of the only options available to him. I think he might do well to spend time developing himself and his personality, and get out into the world a bit more. I doubt you find his anaemic love life attractive.

You’ll have to take the direct route when communicating with him. He’s likely to be sneaky and a bit pushy with you. So be firm.

Hope I’m not reading into this too much, but I’m just giving you a guy’s perspective on how guys behave. We can be as manipulative as girls.