friend zone alert

DATING ADVICE FORUM

friend zone alert

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mmiddy
    Participant
    September 30, 2015 at 10:44 pm #86290
    friend zone alert

Hi guys/gals, I am a junior in hs, and i just asked my long time crush to Homecoming. Weve been great friends, but unfortunately we havent got to talk that much this year, we dont have any classes together. So, i decided this is probably my last chance, so I asked her, she said yes.i was talking to her friend the other day, she told me that the girl i asked thinks we are going as friends. I never really specified it when i asked her, but I would really want it to be something more. Idk if she likes me, she may be a lil out of my league, but i think she had a crush on me a couple years back. The thing is, I have two and a half weeks before hc, and i feel like i want to hang out with her, but idk what to do because i dont want it to seem like a date. Also, i am wondering what i should do to try and get out of this friend zone. And honestly she could like me and i have no idea. We dont hang that much cuz i am nervous i will screw something up and we wont even be friends. Any thoughts?

JokesOnMe
    JokesOnMe
    Participant
    October 1, 2015 at 8:29 am #86304

In this situation you need to clarify with her in person that you are attracted to her. If you do not do this you aren’t helping the situation for either one of you. It’s going to be tough, but I have had success in a similar situation. I told the girl after I had seen her a couple times in a more friend-like way, “hey, I just wanted to let you know that I think we should go on a more romantic date”. She got excited and so did I, but the real key is that you exude confidence. If you don’t do this then you might as well just throw your chance in the trash.

In your situation, you really just need to say something along the lines of “I would really like to you to homecoming as my date, not just friends”. Smile and do all of that, go out of your way to do things for her to make this the best experience for her. Trust me, if she is happy you will be too.

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 1, 2015 at 8:29 am #86308

Hmm… I think if you’re taking her to Homecoming you should try catching up with her and getting close to her at least by phone and then gradually start to hang out, maybe at school or outside of that. You don’t want her to just be a date for Homecoming and then that be the end of it. So ask for her number if you don’t got it, do whatever to communicate with her, girls like conversations. And if you can get through to her on some deep convos she may just start liking you more and more and if she initiates texts it’s a good sign OUT of the friendzone. Make sure you two have a blast at Homecoming, see if you could do something before or after the dance like a casual dinner (double date or just the two of you if that’s okay) depending on what time the dance is.

Basically take risks!! You already made a great one by asking her to HC so why not ask her to hangout?? 😀
    Have fun and good luck man :]

mmiddy
    Participant
    October 1, 2015 at 10:29 am #86333

Thanks guys i really appreciate your advice

agoodusername
    Participant
    October 1, 2015 at 11:12 am #86339

JokesonMe is right. If you don’t tell her how you feel from the start you’re only digging yourself a hole that will be very hard to get out of. She’ll assume you’re friends from the beginning unless you tell her how you feel otherwise. Keep being brave by asking her to do things but not pressuring her to reciprocate feelings…

Confused213
    Participant
    October 2, 2015 at 4:10 am #86365

I agree with what pretty much everyone else has said. You should consider telling her that part of the reason you invited her was because you missed spending time with her, and that you’d like to do more of that.

thatguy1997
    thatguy1997
    Participant
    October 11, 2015 at 6:54 pm #86773

i think the feelings should come along with the conversation or date. if she really want you, then she will do an effort too to get you