Friendly or looking to pursue outside of class?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BArianna
    Participant
    December 28, 2015 at 9:16 pm #90625

I would sometimes get lengthy gazes from him during lecture especially if he was talking to me directly (could have been my imagination). He mentioned a social event for me to attend, but I wasn’t interested. Last day of class, he mentioned he saw I graduated, told me again about the social event and this time provided me with a paper regarding the event, and complemented me on a project I did. My final grade was even better than expected. I haven’t had contact with him since last day of class. Not sure what to do?? The event is a month away, so do I contact him (what do I say) or wait to see if he emails me reminding me of event (fat chance?)

Harry Wilmington
    Harry Wilmington
    Participant
    December 29, 2015 at 3:31 am #90638

Sooooo…. he (a) gave you a solo invite to an event, (b) reminded you of the event again, and (c) gave you an earnest compliment on a project you did.

HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT HE’S INTERESTED??

It’s very simple: men don’t waste their time inviting women on dates (which is what he did) or randomly complimenting them unless he’s trying to pursue. However, when you turned down his invite the first time… and then didn’t say “yes” to going the second time… the assumption on his part could easily be that you just weren’t interested in him.

Because of this, it is now YOUR job to reach out to HIM and let him know you’d actually like to go. So, send him an email or make a phone call and say your schedule suddenly opened up, and that you’re available to go. He already asked you twice; it’s not his responsibility to ask you again. Hope this helps!

BArianna
    Participant
    December 29, 2015 at 10:32 am #90650

I guess I’m not sure what his intentions were because I was the student and he the professor and I’m aware of the sticky situations that can lead between a student/professor relationship. But thank you for your reply, it helps! I just don’t know if I can work up the courage to email him!!!

BArianna
    Participant
    December 31, 2015 at 4:32 pm #90765

When I got invited the 2nd time, I didn’t say yes or no. I did reply, “well, thank you!” with a grateful expression.

Does anyone think that sounded as if I was interested in going? (Just curious). Thx!