friends?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

friends?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Caitieep
    Participant
    May 11, 2013 at 10:45 pm #31015
    friends?

So I met a guy back in January when I first moved to the area I live in, we hit it off immediate. What I thought would be a casual hook-up turned into me sleeping over at least once a week for about a month and a half. We got along great and then I messed things up by being insecure and getting a little too clingy and needy. He said that he would just prefer to be friends, this was in February.

Flash forward to April and we see each other, meet up for drinks and sleep together again. He says it was a mistake because he was drunk BUT he had one beer and a cranberry and vodka…what guy gets drunk off of this?! Hes said multiple times that he thinks I”m really cute, we have a good understanding of each other, but just wants to be friends. My question is why?

I gave him an out and told him that if he prefer we not be friends that’s okay but he just needed to tell me and he said no I’m cool with being friends.

Keep in mind that we text frequently and see each other every two weeks or so despite the fact that he works like an animal. 7 days a week, 14 hour days but yet he still makes time to go to drinks with me? Also he asked me to help plan stuff for when his mom, brother, and sister come into town? We’ve also discussed pretty deep things like family issues, etc.

I guess bottom line is why does he still want to be friends with me if he doesn’t want a relationship or FWB situation?

carlycatz
    carlycatz
    Participant
    May 15, 2013 at 6:35 pm #31340

Truth is if he’s looking for a girl to date it’s not going to be someone who gave it up so easily. He will find a girl who will wait longer than just a week to sleep with him so he can trust she’s a dependable person to date.

You on the other hand, confused sex and emotions and think it’s supposed to be something with more commitment. Reality check: it’s never gonna happen. You’re his hit it and quit it. Don’t try to find things that make you guys “work” or distinguish yourself as “someone different” in his eyes, because he’s already left you aside and does not want to date you.

Sorry to be blunt, but you’ll only be “hook up friends”, not just “friends” if you keep trying to push a relationship on him. And even if he doesn’t want FWB with you, it’s because he probably doesn’t have the time. Instead he’ll want another cheap thrill from a another girl.

Don’t get attached, he already let go. If you like a guy, keep those legs crossed and wait it out to see if he’s even date-worthy!