Friends But Taken

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Friends But Taken

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:33 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

whoknows11
    Participant
    April 1, 2016 at 12:20 am #96910
    Friends But Taken

I met this guy at work, who unfortunately I’ve developed feelings for. He has a girlfriend, long-distance, of a little more than a year or so. He always was really chatty with me but I wrote him off in the beginning, but he kept being chatty and we ended up becoming really good friends. So much so that, of course, I’m falling for him, even though we’re two totally different people. He remembers every little detail I tell him and everything is just super easy between us. We even talk about how we’re the same person, sometimes. We started texting and we text all the time, which makes me at least a little sure that he likes me, but I feel like I need to back off, and have tried before to, even though I rope myself back in/let myself be roped back in. I know if he actually wanted to be with me, he’d break up with his girlfriend. We work really close in proximity together at work, and he’s one of my best friends, so I don’t want to ignore him–but should I start distancing myself?

whoknows11
    Participant
    April 1, 2016 at 12:23 am #96911

Since it cut me off, I just wanted to add on that I have tried distancing myself because I feel bad for his girlfriend. If they weren’t long distance I feel like this wouldn’t be a problem, and he talks about how she wants him to move after summer is over. So should I wait and be friendly until he moves or just start distancing myself now so that I don’t get played? I’m really falling hard for him. I already know he doesn’t want to get married anytime soon, which I know she does and I know they fight a lot, but he would break up with her by now if he wanted to me with me, correct? It’d be hard not to text him that much cause we’re constantly chatting, sometimes over two different sources (IMing and texting/snapchatting and texting/texting and talking in real life). I don’t know what to do, no one else is appealing.

coldturkey
    Participant
    April 1, 2016 at 6:33 pm #96957

You already know you should.You at least know upfront that he is in a relationship.That should be enough for you to use your head and just be respectful friend. There are plenty of single men out there…go after them.Also the workplace?Really? Don’t even think about it.