Friend's date is now into me, do I go for it?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

oxidious
    Participant
    December 5, 2014 at 11:25 am #68764

So a friend of mine recently (a couple months ago now) met a girl through tinder (rate and date app) and she came around and started hanging out with the group of friends. He really started liking her and was really excited about possibly dating her. So after a while of them sleeping together and what not, they both told me in a conversation at different intervals, that she wouldn’t date him because he drives her nuts but would stay friends with him because he’s cool. So anyway I found out she had liked me since a couple weeks into meeting me among everyone else. So I told her that I also started liking her a while ago.

My issue is, will my friend have a problem with it if we went out together? They never had more than a casual relationship, I’m just not sure how important he finds her. Advice?

Alexander0
    Alexander0
    Participant
    December 5, 2014 at 1:29 pm #68788

don t mind about internet date, many people change behavior from online to real time

victorash91
    Participant
    December 7, 2014 at 9:21 pm #68847

Casually ask the guy how she is doing and try to get some info on the status of their relationship/friendship.
    Scenario A:He is done with her which means you can go for it but ask him first. I for one would be ok with that and would really appreciate the heads up.
    Scenario B: He is still into her. Now you have to options. One, give up on the girl and keep the friendship and the other is go for it and ruin the friendship.

Confused_too_Long
    Participant
    December 8, 2014 at 8:56 am #68773

I would stay away. For your friends sake. Might make for uncomfortable situations.