Friends First?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Friends First?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

wonproz
    Participant
    August 4, 2014 at 12:03 am #58750
    Friends First?

Quick backstory: We dated for 5-6 week) and things got pretty serious pretty fast, and some quick issues came up due to the fact that we didn’t know each other well enough. We decided to take a bit of a break which meant no contact for three weeks or so (undiscussed).

Since then, we have been talking frequently, mostly because he plays the same video games as me (and all of his friends/my friends hop on Skype together). Last week I saw him at a club for the first time in two months and we talked for an hour. He told me how much he misses me and how good I look, etc., but he was drunk. We apologized for the mistakes we made during our fast last encounter.

I talked to him the next day and said we should try to date again since we just have so much in common. He said he agreed but wanted to “be friends first.” I reluctantly agreed. We got lunch Wednesday and went to the movies tonight, but he seems distant.

Does this actually work? I’m skeptical and still have feelings.

Thanks

mozilla
    Participant
    October 2, 2014 at 8:21 pm #65255

Perhaps he’s realized that it’s better to take things slower with you and try to get to know you better first. Just be careful not to let your relationship turn into an FWB type of thing, which could complicate your relationship.